Infinity Systems KAPPA 400 Bookshelf Speakers

3-Way 8" Floorstanding Speaker with Furniture- Grade Real Wood Enclosure.3-Way floorstanding speaker with 8" C.M.M.D.? woofer, 6-1/2" C.M.M.D. midrange and 1" C.M.M.D. tweeter.

Submitted by Joe a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
These are excellent speakers and at their used price it's ridiculous. Search out the review for the Kappa 600 which is virtually the same except for the bass driver.

The image they project is scary when the lights are down low and it's just you and the music. I was startled right out of the chair because I thought someone was behind or beside me but it was just the music floating around the room and not in a bad way. Not on all material but definitely more than just a few.

Submitted by theatrejunkie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
Over all Excellent sounding speakers!
Furniture grade cabinets really show their Denmark craftsmanship.
Driver technology does take some time to properly break in. I highly recommend playing some bass heavy music (Jazz in my case) to properly break in the 8" side fireing driver. Excellent imaging even off axis! No coloration what so ever. You hear exactly what the source intends you to hear! Rated from 40Kz-27Khz I really think they hit lower than that, but thats for you to judge. Each Speaker weighs in at 62lbs a piece, so be extra careful when unpacking not to damage the beauties! You won't regret your purchase one bit!

Purchased At:   Harman Kardon

Submitted by rotelfan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
Furniture grade cherry wood, these speakers are simply gorgeous. Each one weighs about 70lb. But the furniture grade cabinet is worth it, far sturdier than any othe speakers I have owned.

The ceramic drivers do require break in. At first I thought there was no bass. But after 5 days of playing bass heavy material (to the annoyance of my neighbors), the drivers really opened up, with clean authoritative bass slam whenever the music demands it. These speakers also image like crazy, despite their being floorstanders. I swear they image better than my previous bookshelves.

Sonically, these are by far the best speakers I have ever owned. I will be keeping them for a long time.

Price Paid:    $2000.00