Boston Acoustics CR85 Bookshelf Speakers

• Frequency Response (3dB) 48Hz-20kHz
  • Nominal Impedance 8 ohms

Submitted by mark a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2007

Bottom Line:
I HEARD THESE SPEAKERS IN A ROOM THAT WAS TOO SMALL, AND WHEN I BORROWED THEM FOR A LARGER ROOM THEY ACTUALLY SOUNDED EVEN BETTER.. I PURCHASED 6 PAIRS (NEW IN BOXES) FROM A STORE ONLINE, WHICH WAS THE ONLY PLACE I COULD FIND THEM.. I ACTUALLY CLEANED THEM OUT OF THE CR 85'S, SINCE THEY HAD ALREADY BEEN DISCONTINUED.. I AM STILL LOOKING FOR 4 MORE PAIRS... BUT NO ONE HAS ANY LEFT... I HAVE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE AND FOR THE SIZE AND PRICE, THEY CANT BE TOUCHED.... EXCELLENT SOUND, QUALITY, AND VALUE.....

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by mark r a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2006

Bottom Line:

I just bought these speakers and am a casual listener. My wife and I have a surround sound system but primarily watch DVD concerts and listen to music. These speakers are incredible. The music produced is rich and detailed and the sound is balanced. Unlike my prior Denon speakers, the sound is not drowned out by base. These are great speakers and I highly recommend them.

Purchased At:   One Direct

Submitted by lamazion a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2005

Bottom Line:
I listened to a ton of speakers prior to buying these. Some of the competition included: B&W 602, Energy C-3, Vienna Acoustics,Infinty and Polk (can't remember the models). The Boston were definately the standout. I preffered the Boston sound to speakers costing twice what I paid for them. They have a very full and natural sound.

Purchased At:   Tweeter