B&W CDM 2SE Bookshelf Speakers

4.29/5 (24 Reviews) MSRP : $800.00

2-Way Bookshelf Speaker - 4th Order Vented 6.5" Woofer and 1" Dome Tweeter (1996-1997)

Submitted by peter henderson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
I owned the original CDM2, not the SE version. The bass is a bit loose, as you would expect from a small ported design trying to punch beyond its weight. The highs can be a little rough in places. But on the whole you will be struck by the high definition of B&W's Kevlar midrange and aluminum dome tweeter. In a small to medium room with a good amp these can deliver very impressive sound, detailed, sweet, clear, and powerful. But I wouldn't buy them without hearing them. Once upon a time that would be taken for granted but in the age of mail order and ebay it cannot be. The speakers are also quite beautiful to look at with the sculpted grills in place.

Submitted by Sam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2011

Bottom Line:
Amazing sound, superb bass! Great for inhouse music lovers and I would recommend to anyone!

Submitted by orbs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought these 10 year old CM2 speakers used from e-bay initially to use to replace the crappy speakers on my computer, and have paired them with an old audiolab amp to drive them. I am an ex- pro muso and so like to hear stuff well even through a computer. The sound from these little speakers have since blown me away, which considering I am using the naff players supplied with the computer is simply amazing.

I have a pretty decent HiFi system downstairs but have heard sounds from music and films that I have never heard before on these. I have never owned a pair of B&W speakers before, but have used numerous other makes in the past that have never left me so impressed as these. Not difficult to see why they use this make in Abbey Road studios. I am sold on these and would certainly recommend them to anyone, and needless to say will now be upgrading my downstairs speakers soon, which should really please the wife!

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by james carson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
best pair of speakers ever hand but they are on there way out both tweeters are blown and main cones are on there way out how much would it be to replace the mains 6 inch cavalar cones.How much would it be to replace just the cones on the speakers.

Purchased At:   huddersfield hi fi c

Submitted by jonjon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Mine is CDM 2. To bring out the fullest of this speaker, you must first biwired it with a reasonable speaker cable. As most of the users experienced it, the sound differential is quite obvious. Beside the solid build, the soundstage is good as compared to speakers of this price range. The bass is tight (reasonably deep) & the mid & high is beautiful. I lisened to a lot of vocals & this speaker is just right for me & my room size (26msq). Grab 1 if you see it as B&W no longer producing. For that matter, I feel this speaker is warmer as compared to CDM 1 NT & the price is a couple of hundreds cheaper.