Acoustic Research VP26 Bookshelf Speakers

Acoustic Research VP26 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)

Submitted by mdm1699 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was skeptical of this new line now that the company is listed under Audiovox. I could not find a review for these speakers. I tried a few Boston Acoustics Satellites(Micro 80X and CR57) but felt that they are good mostly for highs and vocals. They remind me of Bose cubes. I decided to give the ARVP26 a try since they were on sale. I am shocked that they are better than the PS2052 that I have. I have moved those to the surround back and now the VP26 are my front. These speakers are sweet. The mids and highs are incredible. Most importantly, the bass is exceptionally tight down to 60hz. Just like my car setup, anything below 60hz goes to my sub via Kenwood Excelon. I absolutely hate when frequencies overlap. I will never stop using this company. You get exceptional quality for very little $$$. Small satellites are good for movies in a surround setup but terrible for music. Get good bookshelves for your surrounds. You can always cut the very low bass going to them on all the latest receivers, which is what I have done. Audio tracks and receivers don't process base 80hz and below to the surrounds anyway. You will get a much fuller sound than you get with cheesy satellites, regardless of who makes them. So much for Polk R15, Primus 140, Bose cube and the rest. I signed up just to sing the praises of these speakers. Enough said!

Purchased At:   Computers4sure.com