Tara Labs RSC Axiom
Description: Interconnect

Submitted by Howard a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have stepped up from Tara Labs Prism 22's which I thought were amazing for what I paid. These interconnects blew those out of the water, obviously. After the continuous 24-hour burn in period, there was no doubt that I had to buy these. I didn't get the very best price on these, but given the characteristics and quality of these cables relative to others I heard (the new Audioquest line) that are more expensive, I say get them. Locking RCA's and a high GAF (Girlfriend Acceptance Factor) for aesthics are added bonuses.

Submitted by CJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
I moved up to the RSC Axiom from the Prism 22 (despite the bad reviews on this site, I really enjoyed the 22's in their own right). I definitely heard a big difference in both neutrality and detail. These cables show off the rest of your system with ease. Acoustic music in particular now sounds more alive becuase of the Axioms. Draws a great review from me.

Related Equipment:

Paradigm Monitor 9's
B&K ST 1400 Series 2
B&K PT3 Preamp
Tara RSC Axioms (2pr)
Tara Prism Biwire
HK FL8350 (gotta get rid of it)
Paradigm PS 1000

Submitted by Pete a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
This cable is entry level to get the RSC technology, and has the characteristic RSC transparency that I like, but is priced too far from the lower priced Prime series to consider jumping to this cable, and too close to the Ref Gen II that if you're prepared to buy this model, then a little more money will buy the improved sound of Ref Gen II which is twice as good as this one.

However you could never be dissappointed to listen to music with this cable. It has an open sound with deep and non-muddy bass. Tara Labs are quality products.