Tara Labs Prism 55
Description: Interconnect

Submitted by WadeDwyer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is one of those rare products that I integrated into my system (NAD electronics based) and I noticed a large difference (probably not large to someone that is dropping big money on cables, but large in relative terms). Primarily I noticed that the music didn't seem as boomy, pumped-up, artificial - finally it seems like I am starting to get an accurate idea of what was going on in the studio. I am sure that to those who spend the cost of my entire system on a cable, this might seem like a half truth - but the result of comparing this to the RS Gold (way below its league) and the Audioquest Turquoise X2 (only slightly below the Tara in price) illustrate to me that the Tara is worth every penny in the performance benefit that it provides. I hate to throw around words such as soundstaging, imaging, and the like - but I will say that all spatial relationships seem so correct compared to my previous setup with slightly less expensive interconnects.

Purchased At:   Saturday Audio Excha

Submitted by jack wheel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
Gewoon doen Stefan!!

Submitted by kyp a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
not a lot of sound for the price.
veri thin vocals, soft sounding without great dynamics. all different kinds of CDs sound the same, like the old
vinil reccords from the 70's.

Submitted by Mark a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was bit skeptical about this cabl. It was recommended by a worker at our local (and really only) hifi store. I was pleasantly surprised. This cable has an excellent balanced sound. There is a remarkable difference between it and the monster. While monster is always overpriced the 400 is not a bad interconnect. There is no comparison between the Tara and the Monster. Always would choose the Tara. However, when compared to the TMC cable I found the Tara's to be quite lacking in tonal depth. In fact they were a bit shrilly. Overall a good cable for under 100 dollars if you can get it that cheap. Probably would get a different cable if substantially over $100.

Purchased At:   Hifi buys

Submitted by Matt I a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought these interconnects with my Marantz CD 65-SE CDplayer, to connect to my Marantz SR-7000.
They are great! Worth the price in every way!($88.00 .5meter pair)
I just recently upgraded to the Tara Labs RSC Prime interconects ($125.00 .5 meter pair) And the defferences are small if any! This shows just how good the Prism 55i's are!

My system: Marantz CD 65-SE