Synergistic Research Video 1000
Description: 1 meter video interconnect

Submitted by Jim a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
As part of my "Massive interconnect migration of 1999" (that was mainly audio), I replaced some Monster Video 3 and Video Silver with the Video 1000. It's worth noting that the Video 1000 was less expensive than the Monster wires. Video 1000 wire is reasonably flexible and can be terminated with a variety of connectors.
My benchmark for video quality has been a $75 Audioquest S-Video cable that I purchased to drive my TV from my DSS receiver. The S-Video link is vastly better than the Monster wiring I had used previously. The Audioquest cable is connected directly from the DSS to the S-Video in on the TV.
My DSS now runs Video 1000 to my amp (Denon 2600), and then Video 1000 up to the TV.

Switching A-B between the same source, just different wiring, there is a difference. The S-Video input looks a little more subdued, the colors aren't as bright. The Video 1000 looks like it has more contrast and brighter colors. Both are similar in terms of resolution.

That's the hard part... different than a premium S-Video cable? Yes. Better? Probably. Keep in mind my V-1000s are twice as long and go through a switch to get to the TV.

The video 1000 is an amazing piece of work. I highly recomend it.