Straight Wire Sonata Interconnect - Pair

Submitted by Alpha8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have Some monster m1000i,MIT T3,and Straightwire chorus.all wires are system dependant,but out of the three the Chorus'sound the best in my system(and the cheapest).I have Hybrid ribbon speaker's and love acoustic music.My Arcam seperates are on the warm side of neutral so I need detailed cabling to balance out my system.None of the cables above gave enough snap to the acoustic guitar,so I tried the Sonata's.The Sonata's gave my ribbon's a physical presence to the plucked string of the acoustic guitar.The detail of the Sonata's is amazing along with good tight bass.The Sonata's are better than My $200/m Monster's in every aspect.SYSTEM:Arcam Alpha8 cd player ,Arcam Alpha8 intergrated(running the ribbon section),Arcam Alpha8 power amp(on the bass section),two run's of Straight Wire Duet speaker cables(specialty level 3 12 conductor Helix design cable),Sonata interconnect's,and MIT Z1 power cord's on all component's.

Purchased At:   Hoffmans AV

Submitted by mitsuman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
Originally, I was using Symphony II's to connect my Anthem AVM20 to a Rotel RMB 1095, driving Atlantic Technology 450 system. This yeilded a very balanced sound with solid bass, but I was looking for a little more crispness on the top end. I tried Bettercables Silver Serpents, which gave me better top end at the expense of the solid bass and midrange I was used to. So when asked what I wanted for my Birthday, I suggested a set of Staightwire Sonata's. As soon as I installed them, I knew these were just right. My bass and midrange had returned, and that extra crispness on the top end had arrived as well.