Straight Wire Silver Link II
Description: Digital Coax

Submitted by RobertinChico a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
The gorgeous white & clear cables fit in easily to any decor. The "S" jacks are made with great precision and attach easily and securely. The video improvements can be described as greatly enhanced color resolution, more fidelity to the color and more solid rendition of color. Fine lines, details, small images and text are reproduced with great clarity and sharpness without being jaggy. There is a great increase in front-to-back depth and resolution, images are clean, easy on the eye. The subtle shades and tint and hue of a scene are now apparent and agreeable. This is one fine video cable

Purchased At:   Audioadvisor

Submitted by Brian W. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
I Purchased a set of Silver Link II Component Video Cables and a S-Link Digital Coax to mate my DVD player (Sony S9000ES) to my TV(Sony KV36XBR400) and Reciever (Kenwood 1080VR -- Trust me this is the next piece to move to the bedroom, I am currently looking at a Denon 5800 or possibly a loxicon MC1 and Sunfire Signature Series Amp "Pending big raise").... Anyway, A first set up my DVD player with the included S-Video cable while awaiting shipment of the Straightwire. The proformance was good in anamorphic sources (my main concern). However, once I obtained the cables my opinion of both my TV and DVD Player were dramaticly lifted. In the movie THE CELL (wierd movie but I like it) Lopez us pushed tothe ground by a small boy (horse scene) and as the sits their in disbelief you can clearly see every piece of hair that has moved out of place. Video Clarity os amazing. I also had to turn down the ammount of color in my TV with these cables. I have the 3 meter cables (due to my setup) and I have yet to see anything better in the price range.

Brian

Also, the S-Link Coax Digital Audio Cable works wonders with my cheap reciever (like a cheap upgrade)

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
When I purchased my elite tv, I wnated a set of component video cables to run from my sony s7700 dvd player. The store did not have a pair in the length I needed, so I decided to run three independent silver links as component cables. The only problem was that these wires are not labeled so I had to improvise and make my own labels. Ironically enough, straight wire has just come out with a component video silver link II . This is the best choice I could have made. These wires are great. The colors are brilliant, no bleed, great textures and detailing, pure blacks and great ability to portray shadows on dark scenes. Much better thatn the mit's, and monster I have tried. These wires are well made and you will be happy with them.