Straight Wire Harmony Audio Interconnect - Pair

Submitted by Jay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well, all I can tell you is to not waste your money if you expect any kind of high-fidelity. I needed cheap interconnect to hook to a cassette player to make some tapes for a buddy, and for that it worked just fine. Out of curiosity I then connected them to my sony 9000ES DVD player, replacing the Tara Labs RSC Prime. Yikes! Absolutely no detail. It made my DVD player sound just like the cassette deck! Flabby, slurred bass, thick and muffled midrange, and no high frequency response to speak of. A real stinker.

I then replace the Straight Wires with a pair of Tara Labs Prism 11. Ahhhhhh... now that was more like it. Clarity, good frequency extension and a good soundstage. For cheap interconnect, the Tara Labs Prism series seems to be pretty good.

I don't know about other cables in the Straight Wire line, but these are awfull. I hate to give any product 1 star, but these really deserve it. A complete waste of money- if you have the interconnects that came in the box with your equipment, use those instead.