Straight Wire crescendo
Description: Crescendo interconnects

Submitted by Nautilus2007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
I can only speak for the speaker cables.
I use them in bi-wiring. My speakers are Nautilus 802. My amp is a Symphonic Line RG 10 MKIV.
I love these cables. The bass is extended but well controlled. Mids are sweet, for me just perfect. And the highs are very well defined. No harshness anywhere.
I compared the crescendos to Symphonic Line "Schnell" and Silent Wire LS 16. The Symphonic Line cables have a very good and controlled bass but not this mids and highs. The Silent wire cables are very good at all. But in my system and in my opinion, they sounded a little bit bright.
So if you are looking for some very good cables, you should try the crescendos.

Submitted by Thoaas Pein a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
I only can speak for the speaker cables 2,5m bi-wire. I bought these cables 3 month ago and replaced my Symphonic Line "Schnell" with them. It was the best decission I could make. The sound stage is extended. The sound is smooth and detailed. Trebles are to die for. Bass is full and extended but controlled. I love these cables. I compared them with LS16 cables from silent wire. Very good cables, but in my system (Amp:Symphonic line RG10, CDP Symphonic line Vibrato, Speakers: B&W N 802) I like the Crescendos more.

Submitted by DTS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchaed a Krell FPB 300 at my local dealer and he was nice enough to GIVE me a pair of XLR interconnects. It took several cd's and movies to achieve the performance levels I'm currently enjoying. I've had these cables for about a year and a half and I'm very happy.

Krell HTS
Straight Wire
Transparent Ultra XLR

Submitted by Peter Yip a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
When I first connected it between my ARC PH3 and ML 380S, the sound is terrible. Fat, blunted, muddy...

I use a CD player to burn in it 24 hrs a day for a week. The changes come. A very good balance between Musicality and accurancy. Excellent soundstage and Dynamics. If you love music I will give you more than expected.

Purchased At:   Hong Kong

Submitted by Manuel Gottlieb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
As (tri-wired) speaker cable, this is as good as it gets, at least in my experience. Dynamics are huge, lower bass detail extraordinary, treble detail very fine and extended. As interconnects, both balanced and single-ended, the character is the same, but can get a bit much, especially on digital source material. As interconnect I prefer balanced Cardas Golden Reference, but for speaker cable om my B&W's I would not give up my Crescendo for anything I've heard.

Purchased At:   Stereo Exchange