Siltech LS-38 G3

Submitted by Juan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2011

Bottom Line:
My Siltech LS 38 g3 substituted OCOS LS cables, linking a Gryphon Callisto 2200 and Dynaudio Confidence 5 loudspeakers. The improvement was awsome: more detail, better bass, depth and wide, air and overall a sense of of delicacy and integrity I never heard before. Much later, I substituted these 38 g3 by siltech LS 110 g5 mk2. More realistic sound but less delicacy. Some magic was gone. Presently I use these 38g3 in combination with ProAc response 1 sc loudspeakers and a pioneerA-A9 amp. The sound is always very beautiful and 3-dimensional., although there is less bass and less integrity than using my other gear. I paid around 340$ in ebay for these 38g3. They came with its original siltech metallic box (now, siltech uses cheapo boxes). The interconnects used for evaluation included gryphon reference XLR, and a battery of siltech stuff: 4-56 XLR, siltech 80g3 both rca and xlr (much better xlr), 220ig7 xlr, 4-80 rca, 5-60 rca, 88g5, ftm-3. Also straightwire maestro, sonic link maroon and other affordable brands. Cd players used: Electrocompaniet EMC-1 + ECD-1 DAC, Nad s-500 cd, Pioneer 06 cd (gorgeous and very good for its price). Mains cables: energia HMS and siltech spo 18 and spx 20. It's a pity that Siltech left those great g3 cables.

Submitted by Jack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I did not like these interconnect cables at first, having gotten used my Nordost Red Dawns which I was forced to trade-in when I went from my balanced SF Line 1 preamp to my new unbalanced CJ Premiere 17LS. So, I visited Dick at Spearit Sounds who let me borrow the Blue Heavens he had in stock, at my request. To Dick's credit, he thought the Blue Heaven's were not up to the rest of my system's standards (Rotel RCD-991, Ayre V-3) but I thought I loved the Nordost sound (and even have Blue Heavens as my speaker cables to this day), regardless of the model. After connecting the Blue Heaven interconnects, however, I realized how wonderful the Siltech 38's were. What a lesson! Nothing against Nordost (and I'm sure their SPM's would be superior to these Siltech's), but WOW! These cables let the body and spirit of the music through with no congestion or compression that I was aware of. Great cables. Thanks to Dick, Jack & Jim at Spearit Sounds in Northampton, MA for all their help. They are highly recommended too!

Purchased At:   Spearit Sounds