Radio Shack RS Gold Interconnects

Submitted by Big Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Decent cables, but dangerously tight!

Purchased At:   Radio Shack (duh!)

Submitted by arthur nelson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I recently Purchased the Radio Shack Fusion Interconnects 3' length. The system is Hi-end Denon receiver and hdcd sacd player.The speakers are JBL Studios.
The sound improvement is about 35% . clear/clean Music that was never there until I released it .even old cds come to life now. These are a must for any serious listener

Purchased At:   Radio Shack Portland

Submitted by NTBell618 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
Okay, I can't really fault the people who say this interconnect is too tight and too hard to attach and remove. Radio Shack offers no instructions on the package, but you're supposed to unscrew them a little before attaching or detatching them. I found that out pretty much by accident. Anyhow, this is a great cable in every respect. I bought the composite video plus stereo audio version to use with my DVD-A/SACD player and it sounds soooo good. I have run out of hyperbole in describing the quality of DVDa and SACD recordings, and all that amazing sound is coming through perfectly with this cable. Even in 2 channel stereo, the music just sounds more alive. The video this cable provides is fine, although my TV is crap so I can't really comment on that. I believe cable can make a difference in the sound, but a $100 cable doesn't sound like a $100 difference to me. These are $10 at the Shack and absolutely spank plastic stock cables.

My system:

Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD/SACD player
Sony STRDE-925 Reciever
Paradigm Mini Monitors (2)
Paradigm Atom v2 for surrounds (2)
KLH 10" 120-Watt subwoofer
Phillips 27" TV
Radio Shack Gold cables

Purchased At:   Radio Shack

Submitted by beejay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
Ihave a reasonably good system, Tube amp/ pre-amp. good vinyl set-up and better than average cables. I tried to hook up my VCR to my system but got lots of humming. I don't do videos that much so didn't want to spend a lot for interconnects. I tried the R.S. FUSION interconnects for video to audio. They have shieldind and interferience filtering. Much to my pleasure there is now no humming and as a bonus the sound quality is very good. These cables appear to be very well made. I was almost ready to purchase some much more expensive interconnects. Glad I didn't.

Purchased At:   LOCAL R.S.

Submitted by Jeffrey Becker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I recenty went to up-grade my audio cables for my system (I have been meaning to do this for a while) and did some research on the internet before making my purchase. I was still using the cables supplied by the audio mfg that makes my components (Onkyo Integra integrated amp (105-wts per chan) Harmon Kardon TD-4400, JBL L-80T's, Sony ES tuner and a Sony 5 disc CD player)and I know that is a big no, no when it comes to any serious music listener. I was going to go with Monster Cables Interlink 400 MKII for $39.99 a pair but decided to stop in at my local Radio Shack just to see what they have. I picked up a pair of their Fusion cables and was alittle skeptical about the high end filter on the input end of these cables but figured I would give them a try. I hooked the pair up to my cd player and WOW what a difference. The bass response is tight and the highs are clean. But the best thing about these cables is the stereo imaging which is top notch. Two days latter I did pick up a pair of Monster 400 MKII's just to see the difference. I did not even get the Monster cables home. The Radio Shack Fusions are thicker and seemed to be of better quality (not to mention $15.00 cheeper) so like the nut that I am went right back and returned the Monsters to go and buy to more pairs of the RS Fusion Cables. I am very happy with my system now and would recommend these cables to anyone looking for a great cable at a great price.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack