NBS Junior II
Description: Interconnects

Submitted by Riki_Stefano a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
First of all, voices were reproduced to degree of naturalness that was almost jaw-dropping. I have never heard vocals so rich, immediate and warm in an audio system, as I found for instance with a Sara K. CD. (My previous system contained the Sonic Frontiers Anthem Amp-1 and Pre-1 and a Rega Planet).

Second, I have never been so at ease while listening to a CD. The background was so quiet that the music seemed to suspend in space. It was smooth and refined and relaxed. Instruments occupied their own places in space, even in some complex, early-80s rock by Rush.Dizzy Gillespie- Trumpet Blues sounded like so real just like the group is right in my room.The brass are indeed RAW.

On the flip side, I also found the cables extremely revealing, to the point that studio rock became less fun by virtue of its often-compromised recording biases. The inevitable compressed, boosted sound and effect-oriented placement of instruments (such as having a drum move across the soundstage from the right to the left channel) sounded AWESOME. On the other hand, I have to hand it to this system and these cables... rock was crystal clear and never became congested, even at high volumes.NBS junior 2 is definitely the cable you're looking for.

Submitted by Frank_P a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
Just got my NBS Junior II and replaced my Kimber KCAG. It's like getting a new pair of glasses where things become more focused. Since my speakers already had a clearly defined base, I didn't notice much extension, but the base became more separated. Vocals improved too with a clearer definition as well as the at the top, high end. Kimber KCAGs were good,however, to get your system that little extra push towards Audio nirvana, the NBS Junior II will do it. If your system doesn't sound as expected, you will know that the weak link is not the Junior II interconnect. Regardless of cost, the NBS Junior II definitely gets 5 stars at its price range.

Submitted by Roland a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have always been skeptical about cables and put off by the industry hype and often outrageous prices for "just wire".
Many cables are sold as audiophile products but do not deliver the promise!
But there are some cables that have the capacity to move a good system to another level and convince even cynics that well designed interconnects are a vital link in the chain that cannot be ignored.

Of all cables I have tested only the NBS Junior II has provided a truly synergistic match to bring through the true capabilities of my ARC SP11 MK2 preamp annd D125 valve amp feeding Appogee Duetta Signatures. I use both CD (Sony XA7ES and Turntable sources (Linn/Koetsu)

With this cable my system delivers a remarkable deep 3 dimensional soundstage with extended and delightfully smooth high frequencies. Midrange and bass are superb with fine resolution of micro detail that "ordinary" cables simply cannot resolve.

Purchased At:   marketplace

Submitted by JamesLA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
After just two days of break in the these the difference the NBS Junior II have made in my system is incredible. Each time I put on a CD, I my shake my head in disbelief. The music sounds incredible.... balance, air, detail. But most importantly I hear the music, not the former short comings of my audio system. I knew from my previous auditions of audio cables that they made a difference in the sound of my system but the incredible amount of improvement by spending about$400 on a pair of interconnects amazed me. I have been searching for a certain sound while putting this system together over the last five years and have finally found it! If you have decent electonics these cables allow them to do their job. I use the NBS Junior II from my CD player to my preamp. I still have NBS Junior from the preamp to the amps that drive my speakers. I would consider upgrading those interconnects but I can hardly imagine having better sound! Maybe some day.....

Submitted by Ricky_NY a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
Bought a pair of these used NBS Junior II . I don't understand why anyone would ever sell them.My answwer are either their system is not properly setup or they simply don't know about audio system. What a musical cable! Smooth highs, sweet midrange, very low and well controlled bass, lots of air, wide soundstage and plenty of air around instruments. First cable I've used that does not emphasize any portion of the frequency spectrum. Good transient response, but without that razor's edge, in-your-face crap that some people believe represents real music. Dynamics may be ever so slightly compressed, but more music comes through instead of garbage to make your ears hurt. I use mine between Sony XA7ES and Bryston BP-25 preamp, with Bryston 7B mono power amp and Wilson WATT/PUPPY 6.Now my wife and me spend moe time listening to our favourites music rather than tuning up our gears.

Purchased At:   secondhand shop