Monster Cable AVPOD 403 Cable

Submitted by Brett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I replaced a standard cheap A/V cable with the POD 403 to connect my Digital Cable Receiver to my A/V Receiver. After installing this interconnect, I noticed much brighter and focused picture. The blacks were slightly blacker too, as some of the interference that normal cables pick up is shielded. The image and sound became a little bit clearer thanks to the Interlink 400 integrated into this A/V cable, but it wasn't a dramatic difference. It would appear from the Interlink 400 reviews on audioreview that that cable is weak for the price, but for the price I paid I am not one to complain. Especially since I have them hooked up to a $250 Sony receiver.

I really like how well the terminations grip on to the source, and overall these cables look very sturdy and well made. This is a great cable for those who only need a better than factory A/V interconnect for average decent sounding systems. There's no reason to have a better cable than the the equipment you hook it to.

The value rating I give this product is based on the retail price. Any price below retail is worth the effort to find.

Purchased At:   Ebay