MIT Cables Terminator 5 - Pair

Submitted by ewadley a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Being one of my first ventures into mid fi audio cords this was an ok purchase. The cable generally has been neutral and pleasant. They are very rigid and difficult to manuever but what high end cables aren't right? Anyway good cables for the most part but I found some Kimber Kable 4pr available the other day for a good price and so I bought it mainly to rewire some old speakers I have but I wound up connecting it to my main audio system to judge it first. I really can't say that the high frequency has changed but the low end, and bass frequency is absolutely different. I mean I was very satisfied with the MIT until I tried the 4PR - really very different. So I guess the MIT 5 could be considered good except for the fact that it cost 3x as much as my Kimber Kable 4pr and the 4pr was much better at communicating clearly the bass end of the music. All of the sudden I'm more interested in the music I play.

Purchased At:   audio advisor

Submitted by elfy6x a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
This would be the first pair of cables I have purchased for a decent high-end sound system. They are currently hooked up to a pair of B&W 601 S2's and a Denon AVR2801. This isn't a killer high end system but it's definitely above average. Anyways, I wasn't really aware of how good these cables were until after I tested them (using the A/B speaker function) against standard 14 gauge monster cable. This difference is definitely there! There is a much cleaner mid-range, better pronounced highs, and a much more crisp bass. I had no idea what these cables were doing for my system till I tested them myself.

Purchased At:   Progressive Audio