MIT Cables MH-750 Plus Series Three Bi-Wire
Description: speaker cables

Submitted by ducati a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
For a long time, I was quite happy with my AudioQuest Type 4+ speaker cable. A good cable for the money, but as I upgraded my components one by one it eventually became a severe limiting piece of the chain. I didn't believe cable could make THAT much of a difference, so I didn't touch it.

Until I happened upon a good deal on a set of Kimber 8TC. My jaw dropped, I couldn't believe all that I had been missing! The 8TC really impressed me, fantastic bass, etched images, extended highs. Very detailed.

My local shop happened to be running a closeout on their MIT cables (the lines have changed), so I brought home a pair of MH750+S3 biwire to audition. To be honest, I really didn't want to like these cables... I had already invested in the 8TC, and those ugly terminator boxes...

But after breaking them in and doing some A/B listening, I couldn't let these cables leave my house. The best way I can explain these MIT's is: muscially coherent. The 8TC's were very detailed, perhaps a smidge more so than the MIT, but they tended to present things as a series of stark images. The MIT seemed to reproduce each instrument, the space around the musician, and the space between the musicians; with the MIT in the chain the performance became a musically coherent whole vs. a series of images. It was almost as if I went from a 2-dimensional view to viewing all 3 dimensions. Soundstaging is absolutely enthralling.

It was so beguiling when listening to 50's and 60's Jazz that there's no way I could let these cables leave my house!

Sources: Cary CD308, Rega P3/Elys
Preamp: McCormack RLD-1
Amp: McCormack DNA-125
Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805
IC: MIT 330+ S2

Purchased At:   Progressive Audio

Submitted by staillo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought this cable as non biwire to replace my Audioquest Gilbratar, these cable are so thick and there is big box in between the cable that look urgly to me, also difficult to bend round the corners. But once you connect them with right component they produce good sound. After experiment test on MIT and Audioquest cable onto my system, i found that Audioquest Gilbratar are lacking of bass which MIT produce good on low frequency, but Audioquest has a smooth good high compare to MIT that has soft tone on high.

To make my system singing, i have to match MIT cable for overall performance and sold away Audioquest to a friend. My advice be aware if you match with wrong component on MIT cable. Happy listening, adios.... ;0)

My component consist of :

1) ownself made power distributor terminated with AFA(Hera) cable

2) XLO ref2 type 10A power cord to Rotel 991 cd player

3) Audioquest AC12 power cord to Classe 151 integrated amp

4) Monster cable M1000i balance interconnect

5) Totem Acoustic Arro loudspeaker

Submitted by magic32 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Traded up from MIT T2's. Matched with 330 Plus Series 3 Interconnects thru the chain. Great bass weight and definition. Midrange and treble well balanced and open. Presents a very dark background for the music to appear from. Even not yet broken in they represent a significant step up from the T2's. Not that the T2's were bad, in fact for the money they are excellent.
Actually called MIT prior to purchase and spent approx 30 minutes on phone with an engineer discussing what I would expect to get with the cables. Great customer service. Very happy with the results

Purchased At:   Stereo Exchange

Submitted by Boris Grant a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've replased my Audioquest Granite with MIT MH750 plus and what a difference! They where sound so much better more detaled,deeper bass, clearer hights and huge sounstage.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by ED ED a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
je recherche un tres bon cable pour mon systeme.mais ca ne sera pas celui ci.malgre les fait incontestable qu il possede la plus belle image qui m etait donne d entendre d un cable haut parleur.son son "epais" en permanence mais pourtant defini ne me convient pas.dommage car c est son seul defaut