AudioStream A-400

Submitted by The A-man a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought a used car this past winter from a fellow who was down on his luck and needed the coin. Can't tell you how it sounds but I found a thirty foot peice of this stuff in the trunk and when my battery died on a country sideroad I connected to some Canadian Tire alligator clips to it which saved me from a long and bitter walk while suffering from sever innebriation. HECK, this stuff will jump start a dump truck! Gotta give it FIVE!!!

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Roger a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the AudioStream A-400 audio interconnect cable, in a 5m (16.4') length. I purchased it new from a store, but after getting home I found the one side of the cable to be defective. It won't conduct a signal. So I'll have to take exchange it for one that works.
My biggest complaint is the way it's packaged (made in Taiwan). It's coiled up but then put a very sharp bend in the cable in the middle of the length. This creates a permanent kink that won't go away - no matter how much I bend it in the opposite direction. So it's not possible to have the cable lie in a straight line or flat along the floor.

How does it sound? well, I haven't heard it yet... as you can tell!