AudioQuest Indigo 2
Description: Hyperlitz Speaker Cable

Submitted by Jaeber a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have listened to a lot of cables this year as I upgraded speakers twice. Did interconnects next and then on to speaker cable tryouts. Budget became a factor and I finally settled on Audioquest Type 4+ as a compromise. Liked them a lot (they're great for the price) and then researched oher Audioquest cables, looking for more soundstage and high-end resolution. Indigo+ is an older cable which would roughly correspond to the current model, Bedrock. I've got a single biwire set and they are phenomenal. It took 3-4 days at 6-10 hours per day to settle down/break-in, but once they did the results were great. Notable for lows, soundstage, imaging and great detail. I think if I spent $100-200 more I could perhaps get more high end resolution for classical music. But having listened to a number of top quality cables, the trade-off for high end detail is sometimes listener fatigue (my speakers have a metal tweeter). So, the Indigo+ brought 92% of the great stuff into my system without frying my ears. Enough said. Very happy.

Purchased At:   Used--Audiogon.com

Submitted by Muhamed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I love this cable. It really made a miracle to my system and resolved the detail I didn't know existed.

Purchased At:   Ljudtema

Submitted by Joseph Morris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
When I first installed this on my system, I was a little sceptical about it, but as the hours passed and the cable warmed up, it turned out to be a very effective cable and delivered what it promised. It took the edginess off of the vocals and extended the bass so much so that the underlying bass wasnt just felt anymore, it was heard to great extent. Although many people may say good products speed up a stereo, I believe that it makes it sound slower as the sound is more precise, thus it gives your brain less to concetrate on and thus gives the illusion that the music is flowing slower than before. I would recommend this product to anyone who has a stereo that is lacking in low frequency and wants a punchier system without having to replace those costly seperates. Great! I don't know how much this cable is in the US, although i would believe its cheaper as it originated there.

Purchased At:   per metre

Submitted by Sam a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
The cables I have are the new Indigo+. I was very skeptical about the improvement that speaker cables could make. Boy, was I wrong. I have broken them in for about 60 hours and they keep improving. These are not overly expensive at $7/foot, and if you want dramatic improvement in your system give these a try. They make the speakers disappear.

Submitted by DJ ArcSin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
It's just too bad AQ discontinued this cable and it's bretheren. But I'm not too unhappy as I just snagged a 5' biwired terminated pair for $53 with tax. They sound great, they removed that hint of brightness and "muddling" in my system that had been ravaging my FM listening, and cleared up that overdriven buzz from silent passages in vinyl and CD. Takes extraordinarily well to being terminated, I put my clips back on after testing sound quality with bare wire. Get 'em while they're hot, AQ's new line is too expensive for not enough quality.

System as follows:
Rotel RCD975 CD deck-->MITerminator 3 interconnect
Rotel RP6800 turntable-->Rotel phono pre-->XLO er-5 ic
Mondial AmFitheater 1 reciever
AudioQuest Indigo speaker wire, bi-wired, spade lugs on reciever end, banannas on speaker end
DBX SoundField V speakers (great, read review under SF 1a)