Onkyo TX-8255
Description: If you want your receiver to focus purely on two-channel audio, then Onkyos 50-watt-per-channel TX8255 is the one for you. The whole unit is housed in a rigid reinforced chassis, finished off with a hairline-brushed aluminum front panel, to help eliminate vibrations. Add compatibility with the DS-A2X RI dock for the iPod, and you have a superb stereo solution that brings out the power and dynamism of your audio sources. Stereo Receiver 50 watts x 2,iPod integration

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2014

Bottom Line:
After that I had a lot of stereo amps and receivers I wanted a
brand new 2 channel amp or receiver.
Ordenary I like better the receivers sound than the separated amps.
So I choose this receiver.It can drives easily my smallest to the biggest
loudspeakers.I use bass and treble at 0.
It has clear sound,powerful at the full range.
Noiseless,not needed the volume up to the great sound.
I like it,onkyo is the one of the finest brand and quality in Europe.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Laura a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2013

Bottom Line:
I loved this receiver until recently. I haven't been able to listen to it for a month now and I am not happy. I turn it on and it immediately goes off. Doesn't matter if it's plugged into nothing but the wall or into a Onkyo CD player and speakers. I see online this is an ongoing issue with Onkyo and probably wouldn't recommend another one. Unless this one gets fixed anyway.I WISH!

Submitted by Vic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2010

Bottom Line:
If youwant to hear two SEPARATE channels when you listen to music, clean sound, and have the ability to TURN IT UP, this receiver is for you. This receiver easily powers my two sets of side-by-side stereo speakers. I have a value-priced pair of Premiere Acoustic two-way towers and a nostailgic pair of 4-way KLH 1590's. The Onkyo's 100 watts per channel RMS of clean power and the 15-inch woofer in the KLH's really pull this system together. One feature that I really I like on this receiver is the one-touch "Pure Audio" button that turns the Treble and Bass adjustments completely off, so you know you are listing to reasonably un-colored music. A blue light conveniently indicates that you are in Pure Audio mode. This receiver also doubles as my A/V power source as my big screen TV sound is wired into this system. Great sound for football games, auto racing and movies : )

I cannot think of a better way to spend $219 to improve the sound quality and volume of your music and movies and I would definitely recommend to friend.

Enjoy.