Marantz 2275
Description: Power 75wpc <br> <br>Made 1974-1976

Submitted by Rx7man a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2016

Bottom Line:
I've had the Marantz 2275 for years, Excellent units, VERY warm sound that fills a room well at low volumes. I had a power surge that blew a capacitor in the power supply and I shelved it for a several years until I got around to fixing it. In the mean time, I was using a Yamaha RX360.. I didn't notice how tinny and dead my music was until I put the Marantz back in operation. It currently drives 4 10" speakers, and does so fairly well until about 2/3rds-3/4 volume.. That is also the point at which the overload protection on a pair of the speakers starts to cut out.
Marantz always understated the power capabilities of their amps, this one is no exception, especially when comparing with 'modern' power ratings.
Some nice features are the ability to downmix to mono, select and disable tone controls, High and low filters, as well as left and right channel tone controls, though they are a little hard to adjust individually.
I got mine before they really became collectors items, and paid $250 for it.. For that price I'm happy, but seeing what people are asking for them now makes me shake my head in disbelief..
These units are old, but they are worth repairing.. For the right price I'll get any I can get my hands on