SOUND ORGANISATION Z545
Description: 4 SHELF RACK

Submitted by vinylqn69 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
After pondering over countless models of audio racks in the market, both big and small, hi-tech and low-tech, budget-priced and mega expensive, I've finally made a wise choice with the Sound Organisation Z45 rack. Once assembled, this is simply one of the most beatiful, solidly built racks in the market today. I specifically chose the more height-challenged Z45 over it's big sister, the Z60 simply because of a--shall we say--lower center of gravity. Overall, however, it's just kinda cute being short! Unnlike most racks, this one is especially easy to maintain. Just a simple wool-duster would do the trick and get those pesky dust particles out of your precious hi-fi gear (other racks have the powder coat and/or satin finish which otherwise collects dust more so than repel them). Before you go further, check out this fantastic rack. Once you own one, you would never think twice about other models again. Unless, of course, you have the bucks for it.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by deton8r a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
Review of Sound Organisation Z545 component rack. After doing some considerable research for a quality component rack, I finally settled on this beauty. This is a rock solid and quite elegant but unique looking piece of furniture. I was surpised that I had not heard of Sound Organisation before. It is very stable and offers good isolation for all my components. It was definitely worth the $280 (US).
My alternate selection was the Salamander Architype 5. The Sound Oraganisation beats the Architype 5 in every category hands down. It's also much cheaper.

I rate the Sound Orgaisation Z545 component rack a solid 5 stars.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Josh a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 31, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic Hi-Fi stand! My first impressions were very good. It matched perfectlly (from an aesthetic point of view) with my Hi-gloss Black piano finish Mirage speakers and subwoofers. It is extremley well engineered and more than structually sound. Its smoked glass shelves are simply stunning. It holds my components extremley well (Levinson and Proceed mostly)and looks great to boot! I highly reccomend this rack to anyone looking for a piece of furniture as well as a hi-quality sounding rack. It improved the sound noticeably providing a sweeter richer sound (most noticeable in the higher harmonics) with a deeper sound stage. Overall its contribution to the sound is small but never the less noticeable. It does contribute to the cohesive holo-sonic sound field that is my system.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Steve James a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 1998

Bottom Line:
Whilst recentley searching the web for a rack to house my seperates I came across Sound Organisations, I first liked the look but I secondly like the price!!!!!£150.00, this was a lot less then some racks I had been looking at,a lot lot less.I checked the HI-FI mags reviews which were all favourable so I purchased.
Setting up the rack was easy and when everything was ready to roll I switched on and was rewarded with a fantastic,tight,sweet sound and to top it all my system looked good on it too.
I can't fault it for £150.00.