Lovan Classic 1
Description: rack

Submitted by Kent a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have to admit Lovan did a very good job in their designing of the rack. The tripod concept makes it real easy for me to adjust to the uneven floor level. This rack is so sturdy once you put them together; I have seen racks that shake so bad, even after you try your very best effort to bolt the screws and nuts together. This rack basically require no assembly. Just open them and stack it (part of the reason I love it), my wife has no complaint about this rack, in fact, she loves it. The only complaint I have is the baords is a bit too thin. The finished is good, the gold cap compliment well with the equipments I have.

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
Bought one of these racks about 5 years ago - it was great, had a nice finish, looked really snazzy in my apartment.

As my equipment collection grew over the years, I realized that I would soon run out of space on the rack, and required a matching piece to hold the extra gear.

Unfortunately, Lovan's build quality had apparently gone straight into the toilet in a 2 year period.

Major problems with the product:

a. Lovan changed their finish from a nice, semi-glossy, smooth black finish to an rough, grey ugly finish. I was never able to match the color or texture of my original Lovan stand.

b. I received no less than 3 different versions of the same product -- all had major pieces of paint flaking off in highly visible areas

c. Two of my "replacement units" were covered with rust.

d. Lovan must have forgotten how to weld -- it reminded me of my first work in 7th grade shop class.

Save your money - don't waste your time with Lovan. The product looks MUCH nicer in promotional materials than it does out of the box. I don't know what happened to Lovan's quality control - but it is a shame, since my original stand is nearly perfect in every way. Too bad they can't replicate that work. It's also too bad I can't give Lovan a 1/2 star.

Submitted by Veda a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 1998

Bottom Line:
There's nothing much to say about this rack. Nice design and overall look but the build quality seems somewhat cheap. If you're picky to the finest details then you probably won't like this rack. It's a bit pricy for the overseas build quality; even so given Lovan's reputation as a budget furniture manufacturer.