Metaxas Audio Systems Marquis
Description: Dual mono preamplifier with separate Power supply

Submitted by thewhale a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
Well I have done the first review for the Power amp Solitaire, I stated it would grow old with me :) AND I still have the combo, it still have a wonderfull sound even after 17 years. When I think back I made the right choice in buying this masterpiece.

Since I Bought mine Metaxas seems so nearly have vanish. I heard they still sell a new version direct from thier website, but have been warned that the service and that the new version is technically flawed.

But my pre-amp us is Marquis II, and it still shines. I guess I try a repair when the times comes rather than buying a new one.

I have heard plenty of other pre-amps but I havent found the heir the my Metaxas set :)

Submitted by Stefan Olejnik a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have been laborated with preamp more than one and half year. I tested directoutputs from SONY 20/30 ES, valve preamp, solid state Valkyrie, LINN wakonda ...
Once time I saw the MAS preamp, and technically was perfect. I bought It,
and this was the perfect step. Incredibly, this preamp improve the sound of
SONY 20 ES from fixed output than direct to the power-amp. This was the best
acreditation to stay It as my pre-amp for a long time.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Joel a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
As promised, this review is to compare the Creek OBH-12 with the Metaxas Marquis Preamp. (Please refer to my Creek OBH-12 review posted here, too).
Metaxas, in all respects, is a TOTAL Preamp. Though the Creek is passive, it lacked the punch delivered by the Marquis. The imaging is much better (at the same volume levels) and the highs and lows are as good as "you are there" at realistic sound levels...probably too loud for normal listening but at levels a passive preamp cannot achieve with a fixed output CD Player.

I have probably found my ultimate preamp I am "going to grow old with" as another reviewer puts it in a Metaxas Solitaire Power Amplifier review published here as well.