Monster Cable HTS3000 power conditioner
Description: Stage 3 power conditioner

Submitted by Debauchee69 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
I am a h-u-g-h fan of cheap insurance, wheither changing my synthetic oil at 3,000 miles or wearing two condoms (Thailand, baby!!!). Consider Monster Cable's Monster Power just that---GREAT CHEAP INSURANCE. We live in an area 4 miles down from an Asphalt factory, a wood chip factory and an LPG plant---a flyspeck of land in the middle of an industrial zone. My dad had two wide screen TVs shot out from under him because of power surges/dirty power and when he bought his 73" HDTV $7,000.00 television and hooked it up to an $8.00 line strip---I FORBADE him to plug in his TV until I hooked this puppy up. This Unit has been working 24/7 for almost ten years without so much as a blown fuse---although I have personally witness it deal with two power surges and one lightning strike!!! This is an old unit and I would strongly recommend snagging one of these puppies off E-Bay or such if you are planning on picking up protection for your TV set.

POSITIVES: Bullet Proof with nice meters. It does its job and has a HIGH Jules Rating!!! This thing has saved my dad's Wide Screen THREE TIMES!!!

NEGATIVES: I hated it when I hooked it up to my Audio Only system. I gave my beloved Panamax T1000 to my brother when he bought his Wide Screen (like father, like son---he stupidly bought a 'power strip' for protection and I was forced to give him mine). The Panamax made the blacks BLACKER, the notes fuller and more 3D-ish and the dynamic range just leaped off my system when I first installed it. I know, a line conditioner is a line conditioner but sometimes the design of the circuit board, the lay out of parts, etc. has a tremedous affect on the music (Compare my ancient Acurus RL11 Pre/Acurus A150s to a SONY or Technics or Fisher-Price and the difference is night & day). Don't get me wrong, the Monster Power will also smooth out the line and improve your music---it just won't do it as good as the Panamax can.

Submitted by Lawrence Winnen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
It took a lot of net surfing to figure out if a power conditioner was a worth while investment especially a low priced one.I could of got it cheaper somewhere else but I
wanted to try it out with a EZ return and refund if I did
not want to keep it.I was able to A B this box with the APC
box using all my sound sources (cd,tape,records,radio).
The HTS3500 did not make a jump out at you improvement in
my system nor did it degrade its sound , but it did
make a noticeable improvement in the detail of the sound.
Harmonics, sound tails, ambience and bass all got cleaner
and more defined. Even paying the higher price I had no
problem keeping the HTS3500.

My system
Mcintosh MC275 (1962)
Mcintosh MX110 (1962)
Teac 3300S 2track Reel to Reel (1972)
Sony CD player $120.00 (1996)
Denon DP 47F Turntable (1994)
JVC 3 head casette deck (1995)

Purchased At:   Sound Perfection

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was so amazed when I hooked this up... I went from a HTS-1000 to the HTS-5000... It has

1) Isolated Clean Power- Stage 4

a) Digital filter
b) Video filter
c) Analog audio filter
d) Ultra high curent audio filter

An illuminated volt meter, hook ups for 2 phone lines, cable, satellite & antena, rack mounts, wire labels, ground posts for un-grounded equipment
a total of 10 real outlets & "2 front outlets" Great for my video games or camcorder

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased this item used in December 1999 for $150 in an effort to solve a lack of outlets in my system. I wasn't expecting any real changes in my system as I'd been using a surge supressor with a previous system for years. I live right in the downtown area condo which if rife with EMI/RFI and every form of electrical noise imaginable. Within 100 yards there are at least 500 refridgerators and at least as many cordless phones as well any number of other powerline polluting sources. Additionally I'm right between transmission towers for six TV stations and at least twenty radio stations, plus I have a sub station less than two blocks away. Needless to say, my electrical power is as pure as a sewer.

It took all of about six seconds once I inserted the HTS3000 into my sytem to notice the difference this product made in it's performance. The noise floor dropped into a silky black abyss, soundstaging gained depth and width that I didn't believe was possible and the amount of low level detail that I'd heard in big-ticket systems (and had no hope of hearing in my own) were suddenly there and in abundance. Transients became clearer and sharper, especialy from DVD and CD sources. Video performance from the DVD, VCR and Pioneer 51" projection monitor using both s-video and composite video sources were noticeably smoother with less dot crawl. Color saturation was improved as well. I kept thinking to myself that all these improvement just couldn't be from a power conditioner! Being a sceptic, I pulled HTS3000 out of the sytem twice that day just to make sure I wasn't imagining the improvements. Each time the differences were immediately noticeable.

Adding the HTS3000 to my system has improved the level of performance of EVERY piece of equipment to a level I was completely convinced was absolutely NOT possible. Seeing and hearing improvements so dramatic on my humble system was absolutely mind-boggling. I can only imagine what a product of this type can do on truly high performance systems.

Not only can I recommend this product, I would add that anyone not having one should do themselves a HUGE favor and pick up one of these at their first opportunity. For the cost, whether $150 or $400, and for the degree of improvement it consistenly provides across all components in an audio/video system, this product is an absolute steal!

******

My system:
Mission 774 Mains
Mission 77C Center
Mission 77ds Surrounds
Mission 70as Subwoofer
MIT T-4 discrete speaker cables in a bi-wire, shotgun configuration for the mains, single-run for the center channel.
AQ Type 4 for the surrounds
******
CD Player is connected the A/V receiver via toslink through a Monarchy DIP Mk II and AQ Digital Pro silver coax cable.

DVD is connected to the DIP Mk II via an MIT T-3 Digital Coax.

S-video from the DVD is fed through an AQ Cinemaquest S-2 2m cable. Composite video is through Monster Video 3 cables.

Both CD and DVD players are sandwiched between Vibrapods and a homemade MDF/Ferrite Granule/MDF laminated sandwich (finished in a charcoal colored rubbery faux granite material) that weighs about 30 pounds.

Submitted by Max Davis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have found the 3500 do be a very nice piece of equipment. I have dirty power due to some poor planning of the electrical layout of my house and I was getting some distortion from all different sources. I have had this hooked up for a couple of weeks now and have seen the lions share of those problems go away. I have also noticed in general that the sound quality has improved.