Aiwa XP-SP90 CD Players Portable

4.29/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $169.95

CrossTrainer Water Resistant CD

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had this CD player for a year and a half and I use is almost everyday. I don't abuse it...but you can say it gets GOOD SOLID use.

This thing is very tough...(plastic and rubber) and it holds up well, though I have droped it on the street a few times.

You would never believe that this CD player is from the same people who make all those HORRIBLE mini systems where the CD player always goes.

I've heard someone say it doesn't play CD-R's that is crap. I play CD-R's all the time, NO PROBLEM.

The sound on this unit is very good and "bassy" and there is a 3 level adjustment on the bass level.

I use this CD player when I go jogging and the skip protection is great.

My only "problem" with this unit, which is just a MINOR inconvience, which I don't think I have heard anyone mention, is this: It does not save your setting on the 3 setting bass selector when you power off. So each time you power up it starts out at "off". So each time i start up, I have to hit the button twice to cycle through to my prefered setting, which is max. But again...this is a minor peave with a GREAT product.

The controls are also very simple and well laid out. And I find the head phones sound very good.

I would highly reccomend this unit to ANYONE. It is perticularly good for travel and for jogging and working out etc. But this is a good unit for anyone who wants a tough CD player that won't scratch or break easily...that you can THROW into your back pack and rough it up a bit with the rigors of general day to day use.

Submitted by shawn bowski a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
some people buy cheap disc-mans for $20.00,$30.00,$40.00
they buy JVC,GRAN PRIX,PHILIPS, THEY ARE CRAPPY they sound like sh1t you cant go wrong with this disc-man but the next
best thing is the sony dmj95 like i say spend more you get
more "watch out i took it back because i think it dont play
cdr cd's what a dum a$$ people if you want good sound and
a disc man that will last you a long time then get one now
they went down on the price you can get one for $69.99

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Jay Hill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I really think this is the best cd-player around. It will take anything you give to it. It is a very good value for only $99.99 I love to listen to it. The volume control is perfect. It has that tough rugged look,a lock:to keep it from opening,it is water resistant. It is just all out great !!!!

Submitted by PERCH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I took it back I found it usless without the ability to play burned CD's

Submitted by ae chica a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
I would keep in mind that the player is fabulous but the headphones coverings stink and will fall off!!!!!

PANAMAX: