Jamo i300 Computer Speaker Systems

Jamo dock and speaker system for the Apple brand of portable music players including the ipod, nano and mini. Charges the player while docked. Main and subwoofer volume control from the dock and basic playback and volume functions are controlled with the included RF remote. Doubles as a speaker system for your portable electronics and computer.

Specifications:

system 2-way (sat) - Bassreflex (sub)

Woofer (inch/mm) 3 / 76 (sat) - 6½ / 165 (sub)

Tweeter (inch/mm) ¾” / 19 mm (sat)

Weight (kg/lb) 8,3 / 18.3

Dimensions (HxWxD/mm/in) 91x91x92/3.6x3.6x3.7 (sat) - 250x250x250/9.8x9.8x9.8 (sub)

Amplifier Rated Output 150Watt + 2x75Watt

Frequency Range 45-20.000

Submitted by cnote a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a speaker system for my Apple ipod. I didn't want a huge system in my bedroom so I opted for a compact solution. I already had the Bose SoundDock but wanted something that could be used for more than just an ipod. After a bit of research online I found the Jamo i300. I sought a local dealer to view and listen to the system but was unsuccessful. One Jamo dealer said he had never heard of the system and the other didn't stock the system. I found a dealer online and they had the best price on a brand new system. The shipping was super fast and I had the system in 2 days.

I received the system and was impressed with the design. The finish was black and glossy, a perfect compliment to my Apple ipod video. The set up was simple. Within minutes I had sound from the powered system. The sound was great for a set of computer speakers. The RF remote was a neat touch.

Everything was great until the product FAILED inexplicably. It no longer powered on and was dead after having it for less than 30 days. I contacted the online retailer and they quickly directed me to Jamo for any and all warranty claims. I contacted Jamo first via email and did not get a response. I sent a second email and no response. I then called the warrant returns department in the morning and received an agent's voicemail. I called again in the afternoon and another voicemail message. After 1 day I emailed twice and called twice and NO RESPONSE! The next day I made it my mission to contact anyone at Jamo. I called the warranty returns agent again at 8:00. No answer. I left a message. I called their technical assistance line at 9:00 AM and was on hold for 30 minutes. After speaking to their technical assistance agent he asked if I bought the item online. I replied, yes, and he said you take your chances with an online retailer and referred me once again to the only person that dealt with warranty returns. Once again, no answer. I called one last time and spoke to a receptionist and explained my dilemma and she assure me that she would hand deliver my message to the returns agent. I'm still waiting for a response. In 2 days I called eight times and I still have no resolution to my problem. I have a $400 computer speaker system that doesn't work after having it for less than 30 days. SAVE YOURSELF THE ANGUISH AND AVOID JAMO!!!

Purchased At:   www.2ndact.biz