Creative Labs L3500 Computer Speaker Systems

• 2 high performance Titanium micro drivers
  • Lateral Firing Transducer (LFT)
  • Bi-Amplification
  • Full featured Audio Control Pod
  • 85 Watts System Power (9 Watts RMS per Speaker / 30
  • Watts RMS Subwoofer

Submitted by Gary a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers for a couple of reasons. One, they had a small footprint on my desk as opposed to the Klipsch and Logitech models, and with rebate were about half the price at the time. The sub was smaller and more vertical, so it allowed more placement options. Paired with my Audigy ZS soundcard, they sound much better then they did in the store. They don't have the overall power that the other two brands have, but in my office they are more than adequate, and "disappear". Initially I was worried that the sub-sat blend would be hard to achieve, not a problem, it sounds pretty good. Cymbals actually , to my surprise, don't "sizzle", and the bass is accurate at moderate volumes. Go too high and everything gets hard and bloated. I sometimes use it to watch movies or TV, and am very much impressed by the intelligibility of voices. It is dynamic and hits hard when called for during action sequences. The hard wired remote is somewhat cumbersome, but overall, a good product at a good price. Much better than I thought they would be.

Purchased At:   COMPUSA