UHF Magazine Super Antenna MKII
Description: FM Antenna

Submitted by Bruce a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is for the MK2 model (2002)
We live in a dead spot for radio reception, even the police have trouble with reception around here. The super antenna works great for us.We had none of the problems the other reviewers had.

Purchased At:   UHF

Submitted by David a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
Please forgive the double posting, which is a pet peeve of mine on this site. However, after describing the failure of UHF to refund my money or to reply to me in my first posting, I felt I should give them credit for having written me today apologizing for the delay, and refunding my purchase price. Thank you, Reine Lessard for your gracious note. I hope you are well, and that both you and your magazine prosper!
I'm afraid, however, that I still have to give the antennae a one speaker review, although I will boost it two, so this double posting will not skew the average. (Although I'm afraid I cannot figure out what your review was Ihor, or the basis for you awarding four speakers:))

Submitted by Ihor a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
this is not a gripe page......it is a review page...dave!!!!
As for apartment dwellers....make your own !!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by GEORGE CONDUSO a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 26, 1999

Bottom Line:
I, TOO, AGREE WITH DAVID'S REVIEW. THIS ANTENNA IS POORLY CONSTRUCTED. THE TELESCOPING RODS PULLED OUT JUST LIKE IT DID WITH DAVID. THE UNIT HAD LESS SIGNAL GATHERING POWER THAN MY $20 RADIO SHACK MODEL. FM RECEPTION IS IMPORTANT TO THIS APARTMENT DWELLER. I USE AN ONYKO T-9090 MK.2. A HINT TO INDOOR ANTENNA SHOPPERS; BUY A UNIT WHICH HAS A 75 OHM COAXIAL IMPUT. FORGET ABOUT 300 OHM TWIN LEAD.

Submitted by David a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
I ordered this FM antenna through the UHF Magazine web site in mid-December, 1998. The unit arrived a week later, but disappointment soon followed. On extending the rather cheap telescoping antenna, the end piece simply drew out and separated. Closer inspection revealed the other telescoping parts had been somehow impacted in, and were stuck.
There also appeared to be design problems with the unit. The rather massive cable was coiled, and seemed likely to act a spring for the light weight plastic box and antennae. There would not be much extension or freedom of placement.

Given that the piece was defective, and not satisfactory on inspection, I mailed it back the same day, with an explanatory note asking for a refund. After a month with no reply (after all, they said they were at a Hi Fi show) I sent an e-mail offering to take goods of equal value in exchange. After a further month, I have still have no reply or acknowledgement whatsoever. I will give them credit for being prompt in the past replying to e-mails.

When we order by net or mail, we do so trusting that the mail order houses will not abuse their position. After all, which of us will be bothered to take legal legal action in a distant jurisdiction to recover $50.00?

One speaker, UHF, and no more orders.