Symphonic CD5001

Submitted by brad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this CD player on a budget. It will play CD that are scratched that won't play on other cd players I have.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Ryan Shughrue a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have owned this cd player for about 6 months and I am verry pleased. I purchased it for $79 and have loved it ever since. I was at Radio Shack and saw the exact same thing with optimus(not saying that optimus is bad) on the cover for $150. I hope that anyone who doesnt have a lot of money and is looking for a great cd player/changer would buy this one. I've found out that if you buy the cheap but no so cheap stuff it is just as good if not better than the expensive stuff.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Habib Nomonee a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 7, 1997

Bottom Line:
I am often asked my opinion on cd transports,D/A converts and I respond there are many different and exceptional brands MERIDIAN, KRELL, ADCOM, and the list goes on and on but it wasn't until I heard the SYMPHONIC CD5001 that I truly found Nirvana on earth. Many may scoff but this plastic wonder produces miracales dynamic range. I've own the Chord Spm-2000 amp, Lexicon DC-1 preamp, and Sonus Faber Concerto Gr. Piano speakers. I have never fully enjoyed my system until I added this cd player by one the most brilliantly designed piece of audio equipment in the last decade. It doesn't matter if it's as light as two cornflakes.Nor does it matter that it's butt ugly, because the type of music it produces can not be understood with th human eye. I only wish the average audiophile can partake of this wonderful player before they sell out at your local C.C. Rush to hear this thing. I only regret I can only afford one!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile