Radio Shack 15-1111B AC LINE INTERFERENCE FILTER
Description: ULTRA BUDGET LINE FILTER

Submitted by ClemensKrauss a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
I use these filters on all my digital playback gear (Jolida,Cayin,Sony&PhilipsSACD). They are much more effective than the Versalabs/Z-CordII combo I was using. In fact, I found the benefits to be cumulative- try "stacking" them together. I'm sure modifications wouldn't be too complicated... What have you got to lose?

Purchased At:   Radio Shack

Submitted by ROBERT G a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
Being a HomeTheater enthusiast on a budget have made me a shopper of careful selection looking for the ultimate in the most bang for the buck. I think I have found the most important low priced gadget for those of you into "budget" theater (in other words those of us below the national average yearly income). This line conditioner is rated at 300W and you must use a 3-prong outlet or a cheater plug with a ground terminal screw on your outlet (if you have one), it has one 3-prong outlet on it with about 4' of cord. To give you an idea of what this can protect look inside your user manual or contact your equipment's manufacturer website or phone # for what is the power supply requirement of the device you intend to hook-up. Most mid-low fi AVRs and most TVs of less than 27" will require one of these devices with nothing else attached (though may affect the dynamics of some high current AVRs). With a power strip this can be used to protect multiple audio equipment of low power consumption like Pre-amp, VCRs, CD player/transport, video game players, clocks, DVD players, and some phono graphs (this shouldn't be used with big motors that some of the older styles used). I had very immediate improvement with my system (Pioneer VSX-D457 with a 280w power supply) with more discrete separation of channels in DPL, better defined bass (even the signal sent to the sub), cleaner/clarity vocals, and most of all a reduction in the "popping noise" of my speaker when the fridge kicks in (I know I have a grounding short in this AVR I need to repair). I also tried this on my other AVR (Pioneer 606S) with the same results (though it doesn't suffer from the same "popping noise"). Definately worth the measly $12.99 paid and you can return it if you don't like it or if it doesn't help due to RS customer service, and easy recommendation for those of us without much wealth.