Cardas Audio Golden Cuboid
Description: The Cardas Golden Cuboid is made from America’s most beautiful hardwood, the legendary Myrtle tree. Myrtle wood has a very complex grain structure and its dissimilarity to most system components makes it an ideal material for resonance control.

Submitted by Gonzalo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
Have been using Golden Cuboids for many years now, they are wonderful under lightweight components such as preamp CD player, DAC etc. etc. amplifiers especially heavy ones are a different story and require other means of support such as cones (brass, aluminum, they all sound different), balls or even damping soft materials like foams or other stuff, never use rubber it just sound plain bad and slows music down, also robs dynamics and muddies up the bass and mids, same for sorbotane pads.
The little or bigger cuboids have George Cardas magic golden ratio measurements and htey work their magic.
not only as support for a given components but sometimes also atop a components will work as well.
I good friend form Australia, just told me he uses his atop the Acoustic Revive RR77 Schumann Generator and I tried it he's absolutely right it refines the effect of the Schumann generator completely.
I have also tried over DAC's and CD playes and no results were heard on my part but you should try them also there.
It is fun to experiment.
Next I'm waiting for my nexct couple of dozend and try them in my Mac Mini music server and other sources and see what they do.
I'll give you a freebie, try the clip on Ferrite beads (different sizes) on all appliances power cords Refrigerators, microwave ovens, TV's Cheap DVD's aquarium air pump and filter pump, it will make everything in your house run smoother and with much lower noise floor in your music and video ENJOY!!

Hope this helps.

Gonzalo

Submitted by Miker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2008

Bottom Line:
The price is for 6. I have the smaller Cardas cubes and have tried them throughout my system. They do alter or adjust the tonal quality in my tube preamp and amps and I like the tonal balance with these over what I hear with standard rubber feet, metal cones, EAR and even the Ceraball products. It's not a matter of cost vs. performance, but rather fine tuning. In my case there is a slight increase in detail without a leaner sound. I have found that cones and the like alter the bass / midrange balance too much.

Purchased At:   various