Sumiko Primare T23 Tuners

FM/DAB tuner

Submitted by jan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2013

Bottom Line:
I had the T23 for only a month. Not because it was worse but the remote conflicted with my televison. The sound is smooth , warm, and the built is excellent. I have returned it and bought the Naim 5. Much more expensive and the sound was poor and not brilliant like the Primare. If you can afford is buy it!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by bach1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2008

Bottom Line:
The T23 is a basic FM/DAB tuner. I can;t use the DAB capability as digital service doesn't seem to be available. The FM is excellent. The tuner is very sensitive (important since I live in an area with relatively weak signals) and has a very low noise level. The sound is smooth, natural and very clear. I think it's about as good as FM gets. The tuner looks fairly elegant, with a simple, understated Scandinavian design which sacrifices some user-friendliness to appearance (functions are controlled by a row of 6 identical, small metal buttons marked with cryptic hieroglyphs). However, I listen to a limited number of stations so, once I got the presets programmed, this ceased to be a problem. The tuner is very solidly constructed and the controls work very smoothly - it looks and feels like a high-quality piece of equipment. It's an excellent value for the money and I'm very satisfied with it.

Product model year:   2008