Home | Reviews | Tuners | ROTEL

ROTEL RT-820 Tuners

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Bill Boso a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well, I'm not at all impressed with this.
I can't get a sound out of it. Well I admit I haven't actually brought it yet, but all the same I don't like the look of it either.

Purchased At:   shop

Submitted by Tony Green a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
A perfectly adequate tuner at the price. Nothing to particularly comment on, but it does the job well and has no real problems worth mentioning. For its price it is very good value - the should be many available second hand which would represent a bargain.

Submitted by Bernard Durand a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I know the posting under mine is quite old but I was simply browsing around to see what kind of rating Rotel is getting on this web site.What kind of stupid individual like Robert from SF would actually rate a tuner simply after telling us in the first sentence, that he had not install an antenna yet!

Grab a brain and perhaps just get out of audio and start a hobby which you might be more compatible in. It amazing too see how many stupid people there is.

Bernard Durand
Ottawa

P.S. 5 Stars for Rotel leaving no stars for Robert

Submitted by Robert a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 10, 1998

Bottom Line:
This tuner basically sucks. But I haven't hooked an antenna to it yet,so perhaps it deserves a second chance. I'll re-review it after I've
hooked an antenna to it if it improves amazingly.

I live in the middle of a metropolitan area. This tuner hardly picks up anything, and that which it does pick up sounds hollow, with a subtle "beating" sensation being picked up on the edges of the stations.

That said, I only paid 50 bucks for it, and it will serve my purpose. I will likely keep it for a while, since it cosmetically fits with my other stuff, and
I hardly ever listen to the radio.

3 Stars, for what I paid for it. 2 stars overall. If paying $200+, 1 star!

Premier Mounts: