McIntosh MR7084 Tuners

digital diplay AM/FM tuner

Submitted by rsyuhasz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
The quality of this tuner is unique only to McIntosh. From the beautiful etched glass front panel to the quite operating controls, this tuner is built to last. I'm able to get stations more than 75 miles away with an indoor antenna. I,m using this tuner with a McIntosh MA6450 integrated amplifer. This combination works well together, the remote control for the MA6450 also controls the tuner. I bought my first McIntosh equipment in the 1970's, a MA6100 integrated amplifer and a MR74 tuner. When I sold this equipment a got more than the original price. What else can you buy that is built to last, uses only the highest quality components and sounds as good as this tuner.

Purchased At:   Audioclassics

Submitted by Edwin Vann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've used McIntosh equipment since the early 1970s; my first tuner/preamp and amplifier were replaced in 1999 with my current McIntosh components. I am taking them (the old components) with me to my Florida home where they will form the nucleus of my sound system there.

The McIntosh MC6450 preamp/amp that I have teamed up with this tuner, though reasonably priced forms what I believe is a bulletproof combo and likely will last at least 30 years providing tremendous fidelity. Most of the year I live in Michigan, 80 miles from the Chicago FM transmitters that I like to listen to (classical) and I can pull them in with THIS tuner (not as readily with the older MX 115) without hiss or pop. And, to know that it will likely run 12 hours a day, every day without problem is also comforting. It's like buying a Mercedes; with care, the cars can outlive you. McIntosh provides wonderful back up from the Binghamton, NY factory. They will completely recondition/repair any of their units for a nominal fee.

At my age price is of some concern, but not a lot. I would replace the old McIntosh system destined for my Florida place if there was anything wrong with them...but there isn't!

Purchased At:   Audio Shop, Ontario

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
A great looking unit with bright red LED station frequency indicator and signal strength indicator. Has great range for picking up FM stations. Crystal clear reception and works nicely with my McIntosh MA6450 Integrated Amp.

System configuration: