Fanfare FM FT-1A Tuners

4.29/5 (17 Reviews) MSRP : $1495.00

8 FM presets XLR/RCA outputs

Submitted by Reynold a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
We purchased an FT-1A tuner and an FM-2G antenna, for use in a large high-rise apartment building in NYC. The building occupies the entire block. Our apartment is on the north side and the Empire State Building radio transmission antenna is to the south. In between are dozens of steel I-beams--multipath hell! The antenna is mounted inside the apartment, hanging down from a bookcase. The improvement in reception is astonishing. It is CD quality. Most FM stations used to be hopelessly distorted, particularly when we walked in certain locations in the apartment. This equipment has solved the problem completely.

Purchased At:   Factory

Submitted by Michael a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just upgraded to Tubes: Sonic Fromtier The Fanfare's sound just moved UP another notch. WNYC live broadcasts are just incredible.You are there! Jazz (WBGO) is PALPABLE.Want more in your Fanfare ? Get a tube pre-amp to go with a good roof antenna.My Magnepans And Fanfare never sounded better

Purchased At:   manufacturer

Submitted by Don Lee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am very disappointed w/ the sound of this tuner, it sounds very thin and the reception is just average.I sold it and bought Magnum Dynalab MD100 and the sound like day and night, the MD100 sounds wonderful, more open at high frequency,the midrange is rich, and i love the meters indicators and manual tuning knob for fine tuning.

Purchased At:   Fanfare

Submitted by djd a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
my system: Musical Fidelity A3cr amp and pre amp, A3 CD player, Energy Vertitas Speakers V2.3, Kimber interconnects, Analysis Plus speaker cable, two bass traps.... Anyway, I prurchased my tuner form Fanfare (no dealers close by) they were very professional and very helpful. Thanks Marv!! I am totally amazed at the quality of music that come from this tunner, I have done a few a/b comparissions with the same song playing on the tuner and cd player and the tunner sounds very close to the CD player, maybe better in the seperation dept. This is the first review I have felt the need to write. I now am able to listen to music that I may never have had the chance too, thank to Fanfare FM Tuner. This Tuner sounds wonderful and is a joy to have in my system!

Purchased At:   Fanfare

Submitted by james1969 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had this unit for 2 weeks now (always left turned on). My previous tuner is the Sony ICF-SW100 portable short wave radio. I've used this great little radio in 2 systems via the line out interface. FM really sounds good!

The Fanfare was a big step up in sound. My system is a modest "midfi" system consisting of a Roksan integrated, Philips Q50 DVD, Rotel 955 cdp, Thiel CS1.5 speakers and now the Fanfare tuner.

I would have to say the Fanfare is my finest sounding source by far. WQXR is my favorite station. I listen primarily to classical, so I don't go searching through other stations that much, but I did set in some other pop stations in the presets (very simple user interface), but my pet peeve is commercials and DJ dribble. WQXR is great.

As for the sound, the tuner is dead quiet, and the dynamic range is very impressive. It really sounds better than my current digital sources. This tuner has sent me on a mission to upgrade my digital source for CDs.

Sennheiser: