Home | Reviews | Tuners | AMC

AMC T7a Tuners

30 AM/FM presets

Submitted by HIFIVE a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
Here we go again, midfi products being evaluated by people that don't know the first thing about sound quality. I have many products come and go but the AMC T7a tuner still is there & entertaining me to this day. This tuner is excellent, how often do you see one for sale? The icing on the cake here is that this tuner also comes with a remote. Anyway the T7a pulls in them stations & locks onto them like visegrips. Excellent musical presentation. Digital display is easy on the eyes and is easily viewable from any angle. Strongly recommend.

Submitted by Jorge Silva a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
good sound. Very simple Tuner, if you don´t wanna R.D.S. I think this is a good option. I enjooy it.

Purchased At:   2º. hand

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
After replacing my denon 345r with a sim audio i5080 I was in need of a new Tuner. I usually only listen to this as background music for rock,pop,blues,etc. I dont listen to the classical stations much. I did enjoy listening to the creek t43 in the stores but this was far too much money to spend for what I wanted it for. I was leaning towards the cambridge T500 and was about ready to buy it when I stumbled on this AMC tuner in another HIFI store, and they were clearing them out. Well I got it for just over half of the T500. For this kind of money (about $150 US)it was a good buy. Stations come in fine and the sound is getting better. It is very fussy about what interconnects you have. The qed's were terrible, and the cheap monster cable actually turned out to be pretty good with them. Right now I have Chord interconnects hooked up to it and the talking voices have become much more natural.
For the money it is a good buy. Nothing fantastic but not terrible either.

Sennheiser: