Pioneer CT-W606DR Tape Decks

4.18/5 (11 Reviews)

DUAL CASSETTE DECK

Submitted by Elgen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I love tapes for the convinience and relativily good sound and have ca. 200pcs.
When i bought my stereo I replaced my faulty Pioneer CT6060 wich in classic style have good mechanics and a giant flywheel.
The CT-W606DR does a fine jobb of cleaning up the sound on old tapes (+20 years old) and have nice features for optimizing of recording with BLE XD and Dolby B/C.
Before this new tapedeck I used to sample songs to the PC and clean it up with Cool Edit and make AAC and MP3 of them but now they sound perfectly right in realtime!

Purchased At:   Audio & Video Mullsj

Submitted by platypus a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
Warning: Pioneer tape decks are neither durable nor reliable - I have 2 dead ones including CTW60RS similar to this. I wouldn't buy another Pioneer product with moving parts.

Submitted by Shashi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this tape deck because it had good features like the 20 bit D/A converter and all the nice features one would normally look for in a cassette player. Another factor being that I had bought a Pioneer PDF-1009 CD player so I thought I could use its remote control with the tape deck. To my disappointment, it turned out that the cassette player has a control-in wire which works with Pioneer receiver and is incompatible with Kenwood receiver so had to return it.

Purchased At:   Consumer Direct Ware

Submitted by Mark Eberle a

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased both the Pioneer CT-W606DR and the Sony TC-WA7ESA with the plan of keeping the one I liked best. I expected the more expensive Sony would be the keeper, but to my surprise the Pioneer sounded much better, even with its digital features turned off. Kudos to Crutchfield for a liberal return policy. They will be getting back the Sony soon.

Submitted by W.A. Looker a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am an unabashed Pioneer Pusher and this unit was as good as I could find in this area. freq. response is about as good as it gets and after all It Is A Pioneer.

Purchased At:   Best Buy