Onkyo TA-6711 Tape Decks

4.13/5 (8 Reviews)

3 Head Cassette Deck

Submitted by Tomasz-Gold a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2006

Bottom Line:
I'm impressed with this model. A great build quality. Heavy, much aluminium. Made in Japan. 3 heads, 3 engines. Automatic bias adjustment. Great, clear sound. Many sound details.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by cornelis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
Right now, october 2002, I still use this TA-6711 eventhough we have cd-r's, dvd's and MP3's around us. This digtal decade many heavy users won't even use analogue tapes anymore. But the technique and it's sound still made me use it though. This deck is superb, solid and smooth. Measured with a Bruel&Kjaer WRMS meter and adjusted with Nakamichi's TR-100 (15 freq. steps) and demagnized every 50 hours with the TEAC E-3 head demagnizer this deck still rocks the digital technique far behind. Don't say analogue technique is far better, that's a story for every loony. On top of it, I use a Teac X2000-4TR for reference (only with EE tape and DBX-I on 3/3.4 ips). I just handle both machines with care (clean. and re-adjusting), making sure they give the best possible performance.

Purchased At:   Vogelzang Holland

Submitted by Przemys³aw a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this deck to my second system (home theater). I purchased this Deck becase it matchs to my Onkyo Integra system line. In my opinion this deck has good sound but is very expensive and has many weekness. There are many better offer in the market.

Purchased At:   E.I.C.

Submitted by Laszlo a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
To "THERAMBLER" :

"ONKYO doesnt have continous rolling with capstains. It starts rolling just when pressed the start button. "

THIS IS NOT TRUE ! You should have tested the machine, before you buy it. It was not working correctly.

I used several Onkyo decks, and they are the best at their price.

Submitted by t laksh a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
this is actuallya review of the ta 6310 tape dekc from onkyo which has dolby s and i think this is the only model which has that feature.it has very good sound and it auto bias system caliberates tapes to perfection.

the dolby s type system is very good and hepls in making copies of cd in a mannner which is as clean as the cd

unfortunately this model is discontinued and if you can find it grab one

Purchased At:   onkyo corporate showroom