Denon DRW-580 Tape Decks

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

dual cassette deck

Submitted by Lee Nadell a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was lucky enough to pick this unit up at a local store at a discount becuase they are no longer carring it (paid only $160) and do I feel as if I got a deal. The deck produces a nice warm sound comparable to decks that cost twice as much (such as the Pioneer CT-07) without the digital output. If you can find this deck for $200 or less I would highly recommend it.

Submitted by Rich a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 1998

Bottom Line:
This is a great deck, when it works properly. I've owned one for a year, and just like my Denon reciever, it's given my problems in less than 8 months time. (The record deck's play head often fails and produces no sound on the first try, leaving me to press play, stop, take the tape in and out, and repeat the process 3-5 times before working) What's with Denon's reliability track record lately?
The Onkyo TRW 344 is a better value at price point (both are $249), it has a 2 motor mechanism on both decks and a better repair record. The Sony TCWE805S has dual record and Dolby S, all for roughly the same price, but I haven't sampled it.

Atlantic Technology: