PS Audio P500
Description: P500 <LI> Up to 500 watts of pure power <LI> Built in High Current UO <LI> Balanced AC output <LI> 4 new MultiWave II patterns <LI> AutoWave <LI> 6 Power Port outlets <LI> Cooler running <LI> Accurate true power meter

Submitted by JEFF_l a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
Owned a P300 for 5 years that provided my source components with clean regenerated AC, and really wanted to connect my 150 watt integrated amp to it, but it ran too close to the P300's cutoff point. The P500 handles noy only my source components and my integrated, but also my two subwoofers, and has not used more than 50% of it's capacity.
The sound quality of my audio equipment has improved dramatically. The lower octaves from the subwoofers are much tighter and crisp. The highest frequencies are where the improvement is most dramatic. Cymbals and bells have lost all the "white noise" and sound exactly like cymbals and bells. There is also much more space between instruments, and a wider and deeper soundstage.
I would enthusiastically recommend the P500 to anyone who has solid-state audio equipment, before replacing any components. You have no idea how good the sound of your existing equipment is until it has "clean AC" as it's input. Keep in mind that the P500 will probably handle no more than 250 total watts, and it does run hot. I put mine on a stand-alone amp stand.

Purchased At:   smartview

Submitted by Jeff_l a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
I owned a P300 for 5 years using it on my source components and was amazed on the sonic difference it provided. Tried hooking my integrated amplifier up to it, but it was about a 100W short of handling the load. Bought the P500 so I could give the amplifier the same clean signal in. The P500 is astounding! It is providing my CD player, 150W integrated amp and 2 subwoofers with a clean input. It has never used more than 40% of it's load capacity in AUTOWAVE. The sonic benefit is dramatic in all octaves. This is a must addition to your stereo system, before upgrading any other components. Thanks Paul!

PS: Recommend dedicated "stand alone" amp stand to place it on.

Purchased At:   Smartview