Monster Cable Monster Power HTS 2000 Line Conditioner Power Conditioners

4.07/5 (56 Reviews)

Line Conditioner/Surge Protector

Submitted by Charles a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
Four of of the outlets don't work, reset does not work, despite lights being on. This product was way over priced.

Submitted by petrean83 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
Worked fine until a power outage. Reset button doesn't work even though "Ground OK" and "Protection On" lights are still lit mockingly. Waste of money.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by roodog a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
It worked fine until it didn't, which was only ten months. No lightning strikes or voltage spikes to blame. Unable to reset so it's going into the trash.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by amperidian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
This review is for the HTS 2000 mkII, which I got from best buy, before I realised how overpriced their products are. Overall, a decent product, I noticed a definite inprovement in image quality on my cable TV. I also got Monster Video 2 component video cables at the same time, hooked them up between DVD and A/V receiver and TV and image quality improved radically from composite video cables.

In terms of sound, I did not notice any range compression as others have, nor did I find that my system sounded smoother. That's using a Kenwood VR 6060 receiver. I recently upgraded to the Denon avr4802r and the improvement in sound is vast to say the least, but I payed for what I got. I'm not so sure that I can atribute any sound change to the HTS 2000 mkII power manager.

I did see the difference in filtering between stage 1 and stage 2 and its significant. But beware, in order to get the "electrical noise" that I was shown at best buy, you need to have many electrical components using the same power line as your audio/video components ... which rarely happens in reality because your fuses would blow much faster where you live due to overloading. So keep that in mind, unless you live next to power plants or other sources of electrical interference/noise.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by audiom3 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this line conditioner after reading a few independant rave reviews online. It has been a good purchase for my system. Shoot, the guarantee was worth the $100 alone. I noticed that the bass was a little tighter, and highs are a bit more "airy" as well. Midrange is unchanged, IMO. I did make one major change recently: I unplugged my power amp from the HTS2000, and plugged it directly into the wall. THAT made an even bigger difference. I don't care what Monster says, the conditioner was limiting the amount of juice my amp was getting. I'm not worried about power surges in my area. I pay extra for home owners' insurance for this reason anyway. I've left all low draw equipment plugged into the Monster, though, and everything seems happy now.

Purchased At:   eBay