Belkin Pure AV Power Console PF60 Power Conditioners

Pure AV Power Console PF60 AP41300fc12-BLK
13-outlet programmable PureAV Home Theater Power Console PF60 with Phase 6 PureFilter Circuitry, including isolated digital, audio, video, and HiCurrent filters

Submitted by ratcobob a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2010

Bottom Line:
Neurotic Me. Bought one and before I ever plugged it in decided to crack it open to see what it was made of(I have an electronics degree).
Looks good, isolated filter banks, Having a good earth ground is always important as that's where faults dump. Cable/coax connections give only common grounds to coax braid.

Disappointment came when I went to apply Deoxit and retorque all screw connections and found that on 2 rings the heat shrink tubing had excess length that stuck out under the screw and if not insulating the connection, would have surely reduced its current carrying ability.

Would like it better if it was remote controllable

Not sure yet about the claims of less noise, greasless fries and a weed free lawn as I have more cable rerouting to do

Submitted by ezyernie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2008

Bottom Line:
When the power is clean, you really hear only your system. This Power Line Conditioner is the missing link in your system, both for Audio and HD Video. The Noise floor drops and reveals what your electronics have been trying to communicate. Music and DVD Audio is so much cleaner that you should hear previously unrevealed detail. At least I did. I played my LPs, CDs, Cassettes and FM Tuner and of course my movies and the sound is just plain cleaner, as if a curtain has been pulled away. I was interested in finding out if that could occur after reading a review of the Belkin, but I had no idea I'd be saying something so similar myself. This actually improved the performance of all the other components. My video is only slightly improved, primarily in its stability, especially for HDTV.

Purchased At:   west coast