Panasonic SC PM11 Micro System Mini Systems

- Super sound and 3D space equalizer (EQ) for more powerful sound.
- CD-R/RW playback.
- MASH 1-bit D/A conversion system.
- Digital synthesizer tuner.
- Energy Star for low power consumption.
- Large backlit LCD.
- Feather touch auto reverse cassette deck.
- Stylish Silver color front panel design.
- Auto tape selector.
- Detachable speaker grilles.
- Compact, convenient, sleek.

Submitted by Monty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
My wife runs a gift shop business and always has music playing during business hours. I just wanted a system that had a 5 disc changer so the staff could turn it on when they opened the shop each morning and not have to worry about changing the CD 4 or 5 times each day. Of course I also wanted a system that sounded good at low to medium volumes (the staff have to be able to talk to customers without shouting)
When I listened to the System at JBs I was quite impressed. I explained to the salesman that it was my intention to mount the speakers high on the back wall of the shop and he nodded approvingly. A week after purchasing the system I set it up in the shop. Guess what? On perusing the instuction manual I was somewhat peeved to read that the manufacturer sternly advised "Do not mount the speakers on walls or ceilings!" The manual provided no detail as to what disaster might occur if this advice was ignored and as I had already purchased and attached wall mounting speaker brackets to the speakers I went ahead with my original plans. Two months down the track the system is working beautifully. Nothing has blown up or fallen apart and the sound is all you could hope for from a system in this price range. My wifes shop is 3 or 4 times the size of your average lounge room and when I cranked the system up one evening after the shop had closed I was surprised how well such a small system performed in such a large space.
The 5 disc changer is a little noisy but this is no problem in the shop as I have situated the player in the back storeroom.
Overall I am very happy with this purchase but still a bit nervous when I look at the speakers on the rear wall.
If anyone from Panasonic reads this could you please advise why you advise against mounting the speakers on walls and ceilings.

Purchased At:   JB HiFi

Submitted by Matt B. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
Good price for a great sounding stereo with a 5 disc changer

Purchased At:   Air Force Exchange

Submitted by ben a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a mini system for a gift under $200 with Radio/CD/Cassette. I tried a bunch of different models and this one had the best sound by far - much bigger, brighter, cleaner with more range and much more power (90 watts). Other models had either too much bass and no high end or just sounded really thin overall.

This one has a 5 disc changer which some people say is a bit loud and slow to change discs although I didn't find it so bad in the store (probably not the best test in a noisy store).

The only other thing I don't like about this unit is I would have preferred something with a more low-key design, not so much plastic, and a full cover for the speakers.

But, you buy this thing to listen to music so the one with the best sound wins and this is it for the cd/cassette models in the under $200 range.

Premier Mounts: