JVC FS2000 Mini Systems

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Max a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am a long time audiophile, and this is my wife's system. It is the only small, cheap system that does not drive me out of the room. I very seldom sit and just listen to the unit, and when I do, I will sometimes take that CD back to my den and play it on my Thiel speakers in a system that costs near 10K. For my ears it does nothing wrong, there are just some things it cannot do. Obviously there is no low bass, and some detail and image go missing too, along with the highest treble. But I am constantly amazed by this little thing, it gets the midrange where the music lives. I believe much of the success is due to that little cone driver. There is no crossover, and that is key. Anyway, for those who do not demand floor shaking bass, or volume.....it is a great little design.

Submitted by David a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this as a low-cost system for my office. It's WAY more than adequate for the role, and does a good job producing a musically satisfying sound. The highs roll off, the lows roll off, but what's in between sound like music, with well-balanced detail and dynamics.

I'd be pretty dissatisfied if this was the only system I had to listen to music on, but it's more than met my needs for background (and occasional foreground) office listening.

Submitted by John T. a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 8, 1998

Bottom Line:
I bought this mini system at first for its looks: genuine cherrywood speakers and platinum in a cute package. It has become a conversation topic when friends came to my house for get-togethers. The cool clock/radio feature and dimmable panel also attract attentions as well.
When I hooked it up, I found myself enjoying its musicalability (if this a word). Of course, I wasn't expecting the sound quality of a hi-fi system. But for what it's worth, FS2000 give me a lot.

It has a base boosting function. When I hooked it up to a powered sub -- lo and behold! It has punches!

However, the radio is not very good.

Also, I don't like the treble which can be very harsh and sometimes annoying.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener