JVC FS-7000 Mini Systems

4.35/5 (31 Reviews)

Submitted by Stan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
Great little unit. Beautifully crafted and quite good sounding, at least to me. Unfortunattely, the amp section quit after a 2 yrs. Very light use, then I moved and it was in its box for a few months. I finally got it out and plugged it in. DOA. Out of warranty, of course. Too pretty to toss out, since the pre-amp section is working. I may open it up and see if an internal fuse blew. Meanwhile, I plan to buy another one and hope it lasts more than a year.

Purchased At:   Wards

Submitted by James Williams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I cant say that I know that much about audio as some of the other reveiwers but I felt stronly enough about this product to write a review. I bought this for my wife as a christmas present and cant believe the sound from this. If good sound quality and space is an issue this is the sound system for you. I am really happy with the results of this purchase. Truthfully I bought it for the looks. it was the sleekest of all small systems at Best Buy and Tweeter. To my suprise the sound is exellent. Whoa am I lucky

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Thien a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great system. I guess what I bought was last year's model which explains the price. I had a slight problem with the speaker cabinet cracks (straight from the box) in the back near the port but I returned it and made them find me ones that were perfect. Like everyone else, it would have been nice for the system to remember your settings and leaving out a mute button doesn't make sense.
I never expected the sound to be as good as this. I even picked up a Paradigm PDR 12 sub (I know...overkill...but eventually it will go to my HT) and hooked it up. Wow! You can't go back once you've heard this with a sub.
Great system overall, make sure you check your speakers for cracks and enjoy!

Purchased At:   Centre Hi Fi (344$ CAN)

Submitted by John Rothlisberger a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great product, I love it. I bought it on special, reduced by about USD$100. Considering this is New Zealand, I think I got it for a pretty good price. Anyway, I bought it based on the reviews on this page, and I agree with 99% of all that has been said so far. The sound is really good, it is nice and small, I love the wooden speakers, and the overall feel is of a high quality piece of equipment. Oh, and it plays CD-Rs like a dream.

So what don't I like about it? Minor things, just enough to irritate me now and again, but still loving it.

- You can't set the alarm from the remote. Argghh!!! You're already in bed and you realise that you need to set the alarm to a different time. Get out of bed and do it, baby.

- As mentioned before, there is no snooze on the remote, a biggie for me, since I hate getting up the first time the alarm goes off. So I just have to lie through the music for a while until I decide/have the strength to get up.

- And finally, it doesn't remember any of the display settings. So every time you switch it on or off, it goes back to the factory default setting (bright instead of dim, both analog and digital clocks when off, etc.)

These are minor things that make you wish they'd thought of when they designed it.

But my 5 star review stands. It is not easy to find a stereo this small, of very high quality, and at a pretty reasonable price.

Purchased At:   Harvey Norman

Submitted by Pierre Dionne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Ok, first off, i did not have any problems with a noisy
drive mechanism. Get a 2000 year build.

Also, the volume control is perfect with no problems.

Second, sound is unbeleivable. I have as a home system:
RX-460 from Yamaha, DVD-S795 from Yamaha and Paradigm
Studio 60's. Comparing this to the FS-7000 has for first
impression that how could such small speakers play so well?
Voices are the best, jazz is great with good bass down to
50Hz. No pipe organ bud an electric bass plays well.
Uppers need i little definition.

The overall quality is great and i had no problems.
its also less expensive that the competition.

Purchased At:   Centre Hi-Fi