Harman Kardon Festival 80 Mini Systems

5-channel Dolby Pro Logic surround sound 5 matching, compact speakers Powered subwoofer with dual 8" woofers. 7-disc 3D Bitstream CD changer

Submitted by mazzmeola a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
great Pro Logic mini system for the price, if you can find for the price I did ($500). I would like to upgrade to 5.1 system, but to find a 5.1 with the power and sq this has would be pretty hard.

Purchased At:   Cosco

Submitted by Matthew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I love this unit. I recently had to take everything apart to get new carpet and its no sweat. You can hook it up and take it apart without much trouble. Plenty or Auxillary room in back for components and easy to move around. (Its very light). The subs do a good job but as you know the 8's will meet their match with some really deep base lines. The unit is very loud and reproduces sounds wonderfully. I love this unit and will not upgrade until I'm a rich engineer designing my own house with full soundstage.

Purchased At:   Dallas TX

Submitted by Brian Fisher a

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had many problems with this unit. Don't get me wrong, it worked fine for the first YEAR then all of a sudden all of the led's on the display went dead. I worked around it until the sub started shorting in and out so I took it to a Authorized Service Rep. Guess what, it took them 3 MONTHS just to get a service manual...or so they said(it was still under warranty) I had to call HK many times to help their own Repair company a service manual. I liked the unit so much that I was willing to forget about going without dependable HT for 4 months. Then when I got it back, it works erractically. When I power it up...no sound...not a peep. I've given up. I will attribute all my frustration on the fact that I probably bought one of the first units out. I wouldn't sell this unit for scrap. Harmon Kardan really disappointed me.

Submitted by Jason a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I wouldn't pay more than $400 for this. The lack of programmability and the clock bug are unacceptable for a product from a prestigious manufacturer like Harmon-Kardon

Submitted by jovan gates a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
hmmmm, its a good stereo, especially if you can find one for the price that i did.

MS 1400W: