Harman Kardon Festival 60 Mini Systems

4.14/5 (14 Reviews)

Higher end mini system

Submitted by stuie747 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
Pick this unit up for free broken and got it fixed in a few hours, what a system, the cd changer is very problemmatic and i never could get it to work properly. However with 3 aux inputs its a very good amp/ pre amp combo for computer , ipod ect.

The stock sperakers are good but when paired with a set of higher end bookshelfs it comes alive.

Im currently useing it with an ipod dock and a set of diamond 8.2 wharfedales and it will blow away any other mini system ive ever herd.

Submitted by yanick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very desapointed, I had to change mine after 6 month because it went crazy and nothing seem to work correctly.
The secound one was OK at the beginning but after 6 month the problems reapeared.
LCD deffective, the sytem shut down for no reasons, after a couple of hour the system over heat and turn off , the CD changer "jam" often

Purchased At:   costco

Submitted by Mauricio Higareda a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
I always wan´t to have a Harman Kardon equipment. When I discovered the Festival 60 I was trilled and very emotion. I bought it, Installed in my house. The sound is very delicate, armonious and enjoyable.

The power is very good. Very easy to use, and most of all, You can connect a Subwoofer of about 60 to 115 watts for a high bass power. In every step of function, The Harman Kardon Festival 60 outstand other mini or complete systems.

Buy it, Listen it, Enjoy it.

It´s an excelent equipment !!!!!

Purchased At:   Liverpool

Submitted by Ed Phelps a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
The premium mini-system - especially at 300 USdollars
as other reviewers have noted - mine cost 1000.00
in 1998 and I still think it is a great deal - Hook
it up to the tv - not true surround sound but
not to shabby either.

In my opinion this is the perfect system for college
students or younger folks who want a great system
but don't have the financial resources/physical
space for all the various amps, pre-amps, post-amps
etc., etc. that they may desire but can't (yet) obtain.

Yes the CD changer can be problematic (nothing I have
had to get professionally repaired) Sometimes the
tray opens for no reason - and programing play order
and the like is not worth the aggravation.

Ed Phelps

Purchased At:   Fry's in Burbank CA

Submitted by Ranut a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was walking in a shopping center, and saw this stereo was staying quitely. After looking at it for a while, I started to wonder how it sounds. Is it going to sound as good as it looks? I quickly turned it on. HOkey Peter! This thing rock! It sounds really tremendous awesome. I was suddenly looking for a saleman to get this thing home. A sold man told me that he has this system at home, too. I wasn't care much he said. The only thing I care is that I want to get this system so bad. I put this system in my bedroom,and my wife says this stereo system sounds so good as it looks. As the matter of fact, my sister was trying to steal it from me several times. I told her to get her own. But she never seems to listen to me. Thus, I am planning to get this system for her coming birthday.
This is an absolutely amazing product from Harman Kardon. I wonder how long have they come out with this thing. The fact is, this company has always been my favorite, and the respected brand name (and will be forever).

TARA LABS: