Bose Lifestyle 50 Mini Systems

The audio system as you know it has essentially disappeared! A rack of conventional components is replaced with a personal music center smaller than a videotape. Instead of room-filling loudspeaker cabinets, you see only tiny jewel cube speakers, no bigger than your computer mouse. A hideaway Acoustimass module delivers full, deep bass for movies and music. And the rest of the system -- including AM/FM tuner, 6-CD changer and the cables and connections for up to four rooms -- hides completely out of sight.

Submitted by Frangie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have also owned a Lifestyle 50 system for over ten years now and have 2 rooms with 5.1 surround (the original plus an extra AM30P zone 2 set up in my snug) plus an AM20P two channel set up in my conservatorry and finally the fourth zone are external all weather speakers in the garden connected via an SA-1 indoor amplifier. I still use this system daily in one way or another whether it be for casual listening to the radio, listening to my own music or whilst watching one (or both) of two televisons (plus the connected peripherals such as Freesat box or DVD). Finally a couple of years ago I added SONOS music streaming components (and did not need to buy multi room SONOS speakers because the BOSE Lifestyle 50 already gave me this capability. It is now an unbelievably flexible system even by modern standards which the whole family uses ona daily basis. We would be lost without it and we've had some great parties courtesy of BOSE. To me the sound is still crisp and sharp and the CD quality still noticably better than when streaming music from either a hrd drive or off the web (via SONOS). the system still performs admirably with DVD's. packing enough punch to shake the sofa (although music playback was the main purpose of the Lifestyle 50 when launched). I agree that there are much better High End systems out there but they cost serious money and the LINN alternative would also be considerably more. I thought this previous flagship system was expensive when I bought it but now looking back over ten years it has been excellent value fo money and I am unlikely to want to change it in the foreseeable future. The small Jewel Cube speakers (I have 12 in total) blend into the decor and when people visit they cannot believe (or see) where the terrific sound is coming from. I have the 3 subs hidden behind furniture panelling so they are completely invisible (apart from small mesh grills to allow the air to be pushed out). At the end of the day it depends what you want but for me the BOSE system is a good blend between every day casual use for lots of different input sources and an excellent sound quality if you want to specifically just sit, listen and appreciate. I could go on................

Submitted by r-murch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought the Bose Lifestyle 50 after listening to a demo in the Bose shop in Las Vegas, and it doesn't disappoint at all, with the ability to to run 4 different rooms, either Cd DVD or radio or even i pod, I have 2 rooms set up and have bought and extra P1 controller which will control both rooms from the bottom of the garden :-), press the "house" button with Usher on and the windows nearly blow out :-)
It's sound to me is amazing even at a very low level the bass is awesome.
I have had it now for 10 years and it's still as good as the day I got it, I have not used the volume on my plasma's since I bought them, the Bose takes care of that :-)
:-) 10 out of 10 from me........

Purchased At:   Bose Gunwarf England

Submitted by audiophayle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
These are not speakers. these are called bOSE DEATHstyle acoustiturds. they are meant to make noises and has no music whatsoever. bOSE are like mCDONALDS. the food looks great and tastes great but have no nutritional value! for more information on the truth about bOSE, go to
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html and be prepared to see the truth.

Purchased At:   future shop

Submitted by elrond a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
check this out

Submitted by ampig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
In summary, a cruel joke. This clock-radio with a sub is better off in a Welcome Wagon basket for the deaf. Get a reality check people. Try a pair of PSB Alpha's with a decent entry-level cd/receiver combo from pratically anybody else and I defy you to say the Bose Lifestyle 50 is a better VALUE.

Can't believe people even take the time to LOOK at Bose junk. Their Terret's Syndrome-like logic insluts, HSN advertising-style and impudent BIG LIE marketing are transparent to even my 13 year-old son! Cheap compenents, and attractive plastic boxes are NOT technology breakthroughs.

"There is more stupidity around than hydrogen - and it has a longer shelf life." Frank Zappa

Purchased At:   Fool-of-the-Day Audi