Aiwa NSX-MTD9 Mini Systems

2.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
GOOD FEATURES - GREAT SOUND(WHEN WORKING) / POOR EXECUTION - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. BY THE WAY, I DID'NT MENTION THE LOCAL REPAIR COMPANY'S NAME OUT OF RESPECT - THEY WERE NICE, VERY CORDIAL JUST NOT VERY EFFECTIVE.

Purchased At:   www.damark.com

Submitted by Tommy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 19, 1999

Bottom Line:
It looks great. Especially, I like the display screen - it's flashy and all just like other mini stereo system. The system has a lot of worthwhile & worthless functionalities. T-Bass, BBE, Dolby, etc are pretty worthwhile.

I bought the system for $420 with 10% off coupon. I didn't really care about the cost because I wanted to get a real good and powerful system. The system was intended to be used for home-theatre(surround-effect) and regular cd music listening.

Here comes the not-too-good part of this system. While I listened to one of my CDs for the first time, I immediately noticed that right speaker was making very weak but annoying distortion noise. I switched left speaker with right one. Now left one was making that same noise. Which means the amp/rece part of the system's right speaker output is diffective. How disappointing for the system I just paid for over $400.00! It is Made in China so I could see why the quality of the product could be bad.

Anyway, I am changing the amp/rece part this weekend and will check again for the distortion sound.

I hope this is not a common problem for all NSX-MTD9. Assuming that it is not, I am giving this system 4 for value and 3 for overall.

SFLAT: